PDA

View Full Version : Mesh Grills..?

dicky b t5
Saturday 18th June 2005, 22:38
Im going to fit a mesh grill on my 850 , i know afair few peeps on here have got them but can you give me any advice on what to do with the Bonnet release that comes through the standard grill..? :insane:

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 19th June 2005, 23:49
I took mine off completely. Many kits come with an adapter that allows it to poke through the mesh. If you do remove it just be sure that both latches are secure when closing the bonnet.

dicky b t5
Monday 20th June 2005, 16:49
I took mine off completely. Many kits come with an adapter that allows it to poke through the mesh. If you do remove it just be sure that both latches are secure when closing the bonnet.
Many thanks Dave , Im toying with the idea of making a nice discrete one out of stainless steel wire just poking out of the top of the mesh..!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 21st June 2005, 01:26
Before spraying my mesh silver, I took the plastic rod bit that extends through the original grill and replaced it with a shoe lace in a loop - you couldnt see it (until after I changed the colour) and it worked fine.

I am not convinced that the mesh grills look any better. I kinda was forced into using it when a pigeon decided it wanted to be part of the intercooler (at 60mph)!

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/volvogallery/albums/T5Tour/1_ex_pigeon.jpg

It smashed all the clips bar 2 and cracked the plastic.

I do think that now I am back to an original grill - it looks heaps better?!