PDA

View Full Version : A Big thankyou!

LeeT5
Thursday 11th February 2010, 14:24
I would just like to say a big thanks to Stuart and Rob at SWAutos for doing my car a couple of days ago. It was in for new powerflex front wishbone bushes, oe rear wishbone bushes and replace the front 'spring seats'. Also the exhaust manifold bolts needed tightening (they are common to come undone on late V70's - so check yours!!). Mine exhaust was blowing slightly on cold start but after about 3 - 4 minutes it would quieten down. They worked late to finish the job as the manifold bolts on R AWD's are a bitch to get to. Heat shields have to come off to get to them.

As for the bushes and spring seats, what an incredible difference. No knocks or rattles over bumpy roads and the steering feels more positive and less floaty. Massive improvement.

Also the performance has been greatly improved due to the manifold bolts now being tight.

Again, a HUGE thanks for completing the job and working late...it is very much appreciated.

:)

p fandango
Thursday 11th February 2010, 15:05
the manifolds normally only come loose if you either re-use the old nuts/studs, or use cheap nuts/studs instead of proper Volvo's ones

volvokid
Thursday 11th February 2010, 15:25
I would just like to say a big thanks to Stuart and Rob at SWAutos for doing my car a couple of days ago. It was in for new powerflex front wishbone bushes, oe rear wishbone bushes and replace the front 'spring seats'. Also the exhaust manifold bolts needed tightening (they are common to come undone on late V70's - so check yours!!). Mine exhaust was blowing slightly on cold start but after about 3 - 4 minutes it would quieten down. They worked late to finish the job as the manifold bolts on R AWD's are a bitch to get to. Heat shields have to come off to get to them.

As for the bushes and spring seats, what an incredible difference. No knocks or rattles over bumpy roads and the steering feels more positive and less floaty. Massive improvement.

Also the performance has been greatly improved due to the manifold bolts now being tight.

Again, a HUGE thanks for completing the job and working late...it is very much appreciated.

:)

I remember you telling me that your R had no knocking sounds ;)

Al115
Thursday 11th February 2010, 15:26
Yeah, Stu was late to meet me for a beer because he was working on your car...!!! LOL :)

LeeT5
Friday 12th February 2010, 00:57
I remember you telling me that your R had no knocking sounds ;)

I did indeed, however that was after i had only driven her a few times. Also the roads are horrendous at the moment and it's not always possible to swerve to miss holes so obviously the 'slight' knock only became apparent recently. Anyway all sorted now.

LeeT5
Friday 12th February 2010, 00:59
Yeah, Stu was late to meet me for a beer because he was working on your car...!!! LOL :)

He told me that he would rather work on my car than go for a drink with you..:saythat: LOL, you know i'm joking.