PDA

View Full Version : car booked in tomorrow for oil leak

p0xy
Wednesday 10th February 2010, 13:55
well the cars booked in the garage tomorrow to see where the oil leak is coming from. He put it up on the ramps when i was there and all the back of the engine is covered in clean engine oil so he is gonna clean all the oil off to see where its comin from..

cameron
Wednesday 10th February 2010, 23:01
Could be the gasket between the cam cover and the head, mine is the same just not too bad.

Maybe a half litre every 2 months or so :grumpy:

Special liquid gasket from Volvo is about £30 unless you can find a cheaper alternative and you need cam lock tools as well :B_thumb:

Billybhoy1978
Thursday 11th February 2010, 12:00
Hope you get it sorted mate! Let us know the outcome I for one will be interested!!

p0xy
Thursday 11th February 2010, 13:23
well the garage phoned me this mornin and said they think it was the gasket on the oil return pipe from the turbo.. they changed the gasket in it and that was the cause... it xost me just under £42 to get it done, so im pleased about that and it wasnt any of the other gaskets :)

danny-R
Thursday 11th February 2010, 13:50
not too bad then, fixed for the price of a few beers lol.

p0xy
Thursday 11th February 2010, 13:55
aye pleased it wasnt nothing else :) lol... been usin about a gallon of oil a month just couldnt afford to take it to a garage for them to look at it lol

sebasteeno
Thursday 11th February 2010, 14:34
Good news!

Think mines suffering from the same problem though i think ill have a go at doing it myself as im a tight bar stewerd

p0xy
Thursday 11th February 2010, 14:39
lol i would of if i knew what it was.. they hosed all the engine down to see where it was leakin....

rocket ronny
Friday 12th February 2010, 11:58
Good news!

Think mines suffering from the same problem though i think ill have a go at doing it myself as im a tight bar stewerd

i would ,the seals cost pence and the job takes about ten minutes, very simple fix

Billybhoy1978
Friday 12th February 2010, 12:09
Nice one didnt cost too much then! I've already done my return pipe seals!! Oh well back to the drawing board lol

abdul
Friday 12th February 2010, 12:15
not bad cheap fix

Wobbly Dave
Friday 12th February 2010, 14:05
Made me laugh - "booked in for an oil leak" - normally cars develop these without you having to go get one from a garage.

p0xy
Friday 12th February 2010, 15:19
Made me laugh - "booked in for an oil leak" - normally cars develop these without you having to go get one from a garage.

aye ok lol i USED to be blonde :s