PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak

sebasteeno
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 13:03
Doesnt appear to be coming from the front of the engine but the back. Ive read about a turbo return pipe or something. Where is that please so i can have a look and if its that is it an easy fix?

wellsy
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 13:11
if you can look underneath the car , at the rear of the engine you should be able to see a pipe that run's from the turbo straight in to the rear of the sump , i think at the sump end there are a couple of 8 or 10mm bolts that hold it there .
ive had a couple of seals go in the past easy job to do if you can safely raise thecar to get under neath .
i think the seal from volvo was only a quid or so .
hope you get it sorted cheers wellsy..

Rufe
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 15:25
Yes the turbo oil return pipe seals are a very common reason for the oil leak at the rear.

I can supply these parts, a paper gasket for the turbo end (held on by two bolts) and a rubber o-ring for the bottom end of the pipe which is pushed into the block.

These work out at a total price of £3.57 including vat and delivery (Royal Mail Recorded Delivery). / Part numbers: 31251456 and 31251439

Please send me a pm or email (details below) if you are interested in placing this order with us, and I can then create an order reference number and send you full details of how to go ahead and proceed further.

Many thanks

Simon :)

Rufe
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 15:36
Here is a diagram for you, its around the back of the engine, between block and turbo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/rufe_v6/rtnpipe1b.jpg

Simon

rocket ronny
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 18:23
bit more info very easy fix
http://volvospeed.com/Repair/turborepairline.php

cameron
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 22:43
Sebs if its not that it could well be the Cam cover seal :cry:

Its a liquid gasket and they do perish, as mine has, Rufe quoted me about £30 for the liquid gasket but it means having cam lock tools to take the top off :grumpy:

IIRC i was quoted about £160 by a reputable volvo mechanic, so not too cheap but if you could do it yourself then all the better :B_thumb:

Good luck buddy :D

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 23:26
as said quite likely the oil return pipe on turbo to sump simple fix did mine the other week but could also on the 850/v70 at least, dont know bout the rest could be the oil filler cap/seal letting it out and it runs down back of engine either way tis a cheap n easy fix. seems to have bin both on mine ;-/ but cheap n easy to fix yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa