PDA

View Full Version : IPD ram vid for lee

volvokid
Monday 8th February 2010, 20:21
You can just about hear the air being dumped its not a very good vid but gives you a slight idea I hope.
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/volvokidv70r/?action=view&current=MOV00152.flv

LeeT5
Monday 8th February 2010, 22:06
You can just about hear the air being dumped its not a very good vid but gives you a slight idea I hope.
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/volvokidv70r/?action=view&current=MOV00152.flv

Thanks for the vid m8. Did you notice a noise difference over the stock filter? Has your car got an oe exhaust? Looks great, but i could hear alot of engine noise over the filter. Whats it like with the bonnet shut and outside the garage...not in confined space? Anychance of a bonnet closed outside garage vid?

volvokid
Monday 8th February 2010, 22:15
Thanks for the vid m8. Did you notice a noise difference over the stock filter? Has your car got an oe exhaust? Looks great, but i could hear alot of engine noise over the filter. Whats it like with the bonnet shut and outside the garage...not in confined space? Anychance of a bonnet closed outside garage vid?

Yeah there is a massive difference over the standard filter the vid just doesn't show it. I haven't tried it out yet with the bonnet closed and haven't heard it under proper load, If I get a chance this weekend and the weather isn't bad i'll take it out and have a listen and take a vid, it really does whoosh when you let off. Yeah thats just the OEM exhaust.

LeeT5
Monday 8th February 2010, 23:14
Yeah there is a massive difference over the standard filter the vid just doesn't show it. I haven't tried it out yet with the bonnet closed and haven't heard it under proper load, If I get a chance this weekend and the weather isn't bad i'll take it out and have a listen and take a vid, it really does whoosh when you let off. Yeah thats just the OEM exhaust.

How much and where from?

volvokid
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 10:15
http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S60/Performance/IPD-Air-Management-System/p-74-403-4782/

LeeT5
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 19:40
£250! Ouch.

siamblue
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 22:03
I will have to do a vid of my homemade ram intake, it makes a lovely noise coming off the pedal,

Jimmie
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 22:16
The ipd/evolve air management system is a good quality item and very tidy ,you would think the car came out of the factory that way.
Like everything in this world you get what you pay for.

volvokid
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 19:52
Well I took the S60 out the road this weekend for a little experiment, the car was off the road for the winter (and some) so haven't had it out to try the induction kit.
The first run out was with the sound proofing on and to be honest to say I was disappointed with the sound was putting it lightly there was next to no difference what so ever.
The second run I removed the sound proofing and as soon as you touched the throttle even very lightly it sounded like an airplane spooling up the engines on take off, it was incredible on full throttle the induction noise is fairly quite but as soon as you lift off it sounds like a dump valve, awesome I would recomend this to anyone. Even with out the sound proofing on the engine doesnt sound any louder imo.

LeeT5
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 20:15
Today i ordered, aswell as a BSR Stainless Cat back exhaust system & BSR ppc tuning kit, I also ordered the BSR Optiflow kit. I will let you all know in the next couple of weeks how i get on with it and noise levels etc etc. Can't wait!!

volvokid
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 20:44
Today i ordered, aswell as a BSR Stainless Cat back exhaust system & BSR ppc tuning kit, I also ordered the BSR Optiflow kit. I will let you all know in the next couple of weeks how i get on with it and noise levels etc etc. Can't wait!!

Cool I Imagen it will sound the same bar the exhaust, you will love both. Let me know about the PPC I was going to post about that tonight as I have never been in a mapped S60/V70R and would love to know the difference cuz there lightning without it. How much was the PPC?

t5_monkey
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 21:10

I've got BSR Stage 3 (PPC, downpipe and exhaust) - you know they've been getting a lot of bad press for withdrawing free support.

Their maps are also very sensitive esp at low revs (getting 100% throttle opening etc... at 15% throttle setting) to make the car 'feel' really quick.

I can personally attest to this - very jumpy throttle, feels good cruising but makes it a hard car to drive quickly.

Have you considered Rica or MTE before you take the plunge? you can't customise a BSR tune either if you get further mods...

Just my 2 pence :) I wouldn't buy BSR again and i have it on mine.

Jimmie
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 21:15
Have a read of this.
http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/10917-your-rica-ppc-is-dying/page__hl__bsr

LeeT5
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 22:44
I've got BSR Stage 3 (PPC, downpipe and exhaust) - you know they've been getting a lot of bad press for withdrawing free support.

Their maps are also very sensitive esp at low revs (getting 100% throttle opening etc... at 15% throttle setting) to make the car 'feel' really quick.

I can personally attest to this - very jumpy throttle, feels good cruising but makes it a hard car to drive quickly.

Have you considered Rica or MTE before you take the plunge? you can't customise a BSR tune either if you get further mods...

Just my 2 pence :) I wouldn't buy BSR again and i have it on mine.

I know what your saying but i had BSR exhaust and ppc stage 2 on my laser and i never had any problems with anything you mentioned.

As for getting the stage 3 (downpipe)...not worth it considering you only gain 10hp for an astronomical £900!! No thanks.

BSR have invested hard in their development and you can't go wrong for bang for buck. MTE and RICA are more expensive and to be fair, i have heard bad things about RICA too.

With regards BSR aftersales, i can't fault them. Always answered my emails and helped me out with tech questions too. Also sent me lots of free BSR badges of different sizes when i asked for them.

The throttle on my R is very sensitive anyway, but once i got used to it, it is easy to drive fast or slow.

LeeT5
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 22:49
Have a read of this.
http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/10917-your-rica-ppc-is-dying/page__hl__bsr

I never had any problems synchronising my ppc last year!

t5_monkey
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 23:22
I know what your saying but i had BSR exhaust and ppc stage 2 on my laser and i never had any problems with anything you mentioned.

As for getting the stage 3 (downpipe)...not worth it considering you only gain 10hp for an astronomical £900!! No thanks.

BSR have invested hard in their development and you can't go wrong for bang for buck. MTE and RICA are more expensive and to be fair, i have heard bad things about RICA too.

With regards BSR aftersales, i can't fault them. Always answered my emails and helped me out with tech questions too. Also sent me lots of free BSR badges of different sizes when i asked for them.

The throttle on my R is very sensitive anyway, but once i got used to it, it is easy to drive fast or slow.

Could you give me the number/email you've been using? they've been crap anytime I've contacted them!!!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th April 2010, 00:40
I have had the IPD RAM in my car for a couple of years. When the ITG rep came to see HLM - he said that the quality and design of the cone was poor given that the angle of the back plate does not lend itself to smooth airflow.

I am hoping ITG will design me a custom intake.

I still like the darth vader noises I hear as the turbo spools and dumps.