PDA

View Full Version : Welding manifold? (possibly Wanted!)

timbo_1975
Monday 8th February 2010, 19:51
Hello all,

Well I have had a blowing pot on the S70, it used to go quiet when she warmed up, but not any more. Ho-hum, 5 gaskets from Rufe thank you I thought, but sadly having strippped it down and off the car, I have a crack in no.1 runner. (see pic)

So, has anyone welded one of these successfully, or who has a good 2nd hand one they'll sell me?! (2.5 10v)

And I have to say that despite it all being 12yrs old and untouched, everything came apart like it was assembled yesterday, superb quality.

TIA Tim..

smithy
Monday 8th February 2010, 20:00
Hello all,

Well I have had a blowing pot on the S70, it used to go quiet when she warmed up, but not any more. Ho-hum, 5 gaskets from Rufe thank you I thought, but sadly having strippped it down and off the car, I have a crack in no.1 runner. (see pic)

So, has anyone welded one of these successfully, or who has a good 2nd hand one they'll sell me?! (2.5 10v)

And I have to say that despite it all being 12yrs old and untouched, everything came apart like it was assembled yesterday, superb quality.

TIA Tim..

i would get intouch with salvo or nads if i was you and get a good second one than trying to weld that one.i know that nads has got a couple of n/a in his yard

nobananas
Wednesday 10th February 2010, 21:04
I've welded manifolds in the past with varying results (not always successful welding cast) but it's not a good idea welding it when it isn't bolted to the head as the runners tend to warp and then it will never seal.