PDA

View Full Version : Loosing interest.

850 t5 vs 600cc
Monday 8th February 2010, 16:58
I've been enjoying my 850 T5 for nearly 2 years now and i've been upgrading things and repairing the others. I've now got to the point in this relationship in which i don't want it anymore.

The things things are doing:

PCV needs doing.
Clutch needs doing.
rear brakes are not works properly. ( had new disks and pads and shoes)
Handbrake not working.
Oil leak from somewhere.
Engine smells and so does the inside of the car as well. Burnt oil.
Front shocks have had it.

Before you say it, Yes i have thought about it but the insurance would go up.

t5 pete
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:09
so what you thinking about doing then selling it

nobananas
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:30
I'm kind of at the same point with mine. It's okay mechanically and I've spent shed loads on an engine rebuild (just standard though !) but it's never been 'quite right'. It's getting some rust blisters around the rear arches too so I'm thinking of buying another with a knackered/high mileage engine and stripping mine to build a good 'un, it's just time and the missus (who's car it is and wanted the damn thing in the first place !) seems to be looking at D5's more then T5's these days !

cherry1809
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:34
Can't expect a minter at what best, 13 years old?
Stick with it. I sold my first one and regret it ever since.
Just glad I found a cheapy to see me through till the inevitable R' variant.
Cold Turkeys a bitch...

850 t5 vs 600cc
Monday 8th February 2010, 18:11
The cost of running it also comes in it.
Over the next 4 years i will be spending 12000 on petrol. I've been looking at a Volvo S80 D5 which will only cost me £6000 over the same time and distance.

nobananas
Monday 8th February 2010, 18:28
The cost of running it also comes in it.
Over the next 4 years i will be spending 12000 on petrol. I've been looking at a Volvo S80 D5 which will only cost me £6000 over the same time and distance.

Same thing here with the fuel consumption and all. The missus does 70 odd miles a day round trip to work and most of that's sat in traffic. She's putting in about 70 quid a week in fuel, a V70 D5's the answer but bugger are they expensive !

nobananas
Monday 8th February 2010, 18:32
Can't expect a minter at what best, 13 years old?
Stick with it. I sold my first one and regret it ever since.
Just glad I found a cheapy to see me through till the inevitable R' variant.
Cold Turkeys a bitch...

I seem to be the only person who's 850 is rusting !

callyuk
Monday 8th February 2010, 19:15
iv got a rust bubble on my front arch

nobananas
Monday 8th February 2010, 19:25
I've got 'em there too !

p0xy
Monday 8th February 2010, 21:15
i got a one on me front arch to lol... i think everyone should post pics up see whose is the biggest lol

bigrabbie
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 01:12
Hi All
My 850 t5 is rusting, put you all to shame , front of bonnet , rear tailgait , and i think some one with a nail disliked both sides of the car, all a project for the summer , none of these things were mentioned on ebay buy the seller , he was good with a camera (smile) still what you wanting for £400 , ungrateful sod that i am
Rab

cherry1809
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 09:05
I seem to be the only person who's 850 is rusting !

I wish!
Front wings have bubbles, Bottom of the window on the tailgate.
Strangely the bit that's been scraped along one rear wing hasn't :wiggle:

jez.w
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 12:23
Mines a 96 plate saloon, kept outside and washed every couple of weeks. No rust whatsoever or underneath.

cherry1809
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 17:46
Mines a 96 plate saloon, kept outside and washed every couple of weeks. No rust whatsoever or underneath.

What is this 'Washing' you speak of?

nobananas
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 18:42
Some strange, mythical, sacrificial ceremony involving 'water' and something called a 'sponge' to appease the gods of ferrous oxide !.........I've read about it in books.

callyuk
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 20:10
Hi All
My 850 t5 is rusting, put you all to shame , front of bonnet , rear tailgait , and i think some one with a nail disliked both sides of the car, all a project for the summer , none of these things were mentioned on ebay buy the seller , he was good with a camera (smile) still what you wanting for £400 , ungrateful sod that i am
Rab

only paid £500 for mine and its not that bad sorry to say. maybe i just got a bargin

cherry1809
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 22:01
only paid £500 for mine and its not that bad sorry to say. maybe i just got a bargin

Coolio, Another bargain. Only paid £300 for mine and it's taken 18 months of abuse so far.

t5 pete
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 22:03
it just shows how cheep these go for these days i doubt you will get many cars like these for that money