PDA

View Full Version : wastegate

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 12:08
does any body run or know how to convert a internal wastegated turbo to be a external wastegate , cheers

danny-R
Monday 8th February 2010, 12:24
thinking of selling your car lee? it looked sweet lastnight i must say.

had a good laugh last night mate will have a nip up next week but leave the wife at home lol

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 12:26
haha yeah sound m8, the cops dont usually come in like , the car sounded ace when you left the car park lol , you should try and sell that turbo to the kid in the silver c70

danny-R
Monday 8th February 2010, 12:32
lmao, i waaaaay over-stepped that left hander on to the slip road, had to turn round and go back down. it was a decent turnout like, always worth a laugh a fiesta zetec with big bore on the limiter.

he can have it 50quid lol

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 12:37
am goin to have to put a external wastegate on the turbo av been gettin like m8 .was just think about sellin it lol

danny-R
Monday 8th February 2010, 12:39
nah mate i'd keep it. at least till york ;)

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 12:40
haha a need a job like so a can start fundin it a little bit more lol

danny-R
Monday 8th February 2010, 12:44
SNAP, anyway you can have ya wastegate thread back i'm off out.

see ya next sunday probs.

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 12:47
SNAP, anyway you can have ya wastegate thread back i'm off out.

see ya next sunday probs.

okay m8

t5 pete
Monday 8th February 2010, 15:15
you will need to weld shut the original waste gate port then you can run a external one

Plodmonkey
Monday 8th February 2010, 15:22
haha yeah sound m8, the cops dont usually come in like , the car sounded ace when you left the car park lol , you should try and sell that turbo to the kid in the silver c70

i would buy it if it fits and i get the funds lol , and dannys sounded canny naughty like want mine to sound like that

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 15:52
i would buy it if it fits and i get the funds lol , and dannys sounded canny naughty like want mine to sound like that

haha its a canny wagon like dannys lol

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 15:53
you will need to weld shut the original waste gate port then you can run a external one

pete its not like the turbos off the volvos m8 its a t3 based thing lol al get some more pics up so as m8

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 16:06

heres a few pete, 1st 1 is it sittin next to a 15g on the manifold, and the 2nd is the same from a diff view
3rd is a pic of the new 1 lol and the 4th is 1 of inside the exhaust on the 15g m8

t5 pete
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:14
that turbo is all ready set up for a externa lwastegate whenyour making a down pipe for it you will have to make a flange with two ports one for your main down pipe and one for the wastegate which is the littler one then after the external waste gate plumb it back into the main down pipe

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:15
that turbo is all ready set up for a externa lwastegate whenyour making a down pipe for it you will have to make a flange with two ports one for your main down pipe and one for the wastegate which is the littler one then after the external waste gate plumb it back into the main down pipe

cheers pete , what size wastegate will i need then . cos they go up in mm

t5 pete
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:20
a 44mm will be fine

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:26
a 44mm will be fine

do they spool up any quicker , a think al end up makin a full system for it like , it would be good if you lived closer like lol then you could help lol

t5 pete
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:30
yeah i wouldnt mind helpin shame were so far away by fitting a external waste gate its supposed to be alot better for setting boost and monitoring it also they call the pipe that goes to it a screamer pipe

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:37
yeah i wouldnt mind helpin shame were so far away by fitting a external waste gate its supposed to be alot better for setting boost and monitoring it also they call the pipe that goes to it a screamer pipe

a heard of screamer pipes before like , ad end up gettin band like with 1 of those lol , av had a little read up about them and if i wanted the screamer pipe to go to the atmosphere i would need a manifold with the wastegate on there to work the boost , other wise its got to go back into the down pipe , not sure tho lol

leet5r
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JM5knbdDB0#