PDA

View Full Version : V70 boot won't lock.

BigJC
Sunday 7th February 2010, 11:31
I've not changed anything, not run the battery down, not disconnected it, not slammed the boot yet the boot refuses to close after I opened it yesterday.

I've tried the UCM reset thing but to no avail.

Just about to take apart to see if I can see anything.

I have noticed that the drivers lock now only works on the key (will investigate) and the fuel filler ain't locking at all.

Anyone else experienced this?

Solution suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

BigJC
Sunday 7th February 2010, 13:10
Sorted, took boot panel off, cleaned and regreased lock mechanism and hey presto fixed.

Took fuel filler lock assembly off and noticed it unlocks but doesn't lock even though though the motor looks in good condition. Might get a replacement to see if it cures it.

Drivers door lock still only locks with key and not plipper. All other door locks are fine.

Did the key position 2, hold front window switches up together for 8+ secs then ignition key out, lock/unlock/lock/unlock but to no avail.

Tried to start car been sat for 1 week and only started very briefly yesterday but got the dreaded clickety click and nothing else. Now on charge.

Aren't cars fun?

v70torslanda
Sunday 7th February 2010, 13:22
This may sort itself out when the battery is fully charged. A lot of modern car electronics have a 'fail safe' which stops them being operated if the battery voltage drops below a certain level - 10.8v IIRC.

If you are going to leave your car idle for any length of time it may be a good idea to invest in a 'smart' charger which you can leave connected permanently without harming the alternator diodes.

BigJC
Sunday 7th February 2010, 13:33
I'm hoping although when I connected the charger it said 11.4V. The charger is a smart one but acts as life support for my BMW e30 which lives in the garage!
It cycles the volts n things to condition the battery. I'l give it a few hours on the rapid charge setting and see what the score is then.
It gave me two messages when I tried to start "ABS service required" and "STC something or other".

t5 stealth
Sunday 7th February 2010, 14:17
there is a thread on this problem a short wile ago,
theres a couple of things that cause problem,
main thing seems to be the lock relay in the n/s/r panel fuse box,
it has individual relays to lock & individual relays to unlock,
& fuel cap & rear doors,
search for the thread,might be of use to you mate. :)

thebadger
Sunday 7th February 2010, 16:03
IIRC, the fuel flap has a built in delay locking mechanisim to allow you to fuel the car at petrol stations.

I have heard of the solinoid thingy failing.