PDA

View Full Version : Aaaarrrrrggghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HammyUK
Sunday 7th February 2010, 11:13
Yesterday did a compression check, check over, etc.
Not too bad across the 5 pots - 10.2, 10.2, 12.0, 12.0, 10.8
Good jet wash to clean all the oil off the back where the turbo pipe had split and result as the gearbox light went out. Guess the oil was causing a poor connection there. :partysmil
This morning, threw the mountain bike in the back to go up the forest and its chuggung its tits off. :mad:
No. 1 coil pack has stopped sparking. - working perfect yesterday afternoon.
Nothing this morning. Not even enough of a spark to cause a spark to earth unless you basically touch it to the head. :shockedbi
FFS! beginning to wonder if I'd be better off with a bloody D5 and 45mpg.
200+ bhp is fun but WTF is gonna break next?
Doing my head in.
Annoying as just got a nice 16t and down pipe to give it a bit more "go" but beginning to think about swapping the bloody thing for a D5 sport along with my Sportive.

jdavis
Sunday 7th February 2010, 11:32
i was always told never to jet-wash an engine. for exactly the reason you have found. water and electrics dont mix.

HammyUK
Sunday 7th February 2010, 11:34
Didn't wash the top - only the back to remove the oil from the split turbo pipe and it solved the transmission light fault.
It ran perfectly yesterday afternoon when I went up the forest and last night going out.
Wondering if it might of been breaking down for a while and is the cause of the poor running.
Engine has 118k on it mind.

rocket ronny
Sunday 7th February 2010, 13:57
118k is not a lot for these engines, sounds like yours has perhaps not been very well looked after and maybe suffered at the hands of some half baked modder at some time,looked after these engines are superb
ps, as said blasting very high pressure water at your engine is not the best idea in the world

HammyUK
Sunday 7th February 2010, 14:22
Car is totally standard XC70 - and again - the jetwash DIDN'T touch the top of the engine at all and was used on steam to clear the oil only on the back of the engine from the split pipe.