PDA

View Full Version : Service light!!!!!!!

volvot5boy
Saturday 18th June 2005, 09:37
I have a 1996 volvo 850 t5 and it gets serviced by a locak garage but they don't have the tool to switch the service light off. I have been to a volvo dealer but they want £45+vat to turn it off. Does anyone have any suggestions???????? :dunce: :haha:

dicky b t5
Saturday 18th June 2005, 13:42
I have a 1996 volvo 850 t5 and it gets serviced by a locak garage but they don't have the tool to switch the service light off. I have been to a volvo dealer but they want £45+vat to turn it off. Does anyone have any suggestions???????? :dunce: :haha:
Hi ya mate , ring round some independents , if any can do it look at it costing 15-20 quid...worth the aggro for a few phone calls..

dicky b t5
Saturday 18th June 2005, 13:49
Just became a Senior member with that last post....Yippeeeee...!
Time to crack open the Champagne & celebrate . :haha:

Andrew
Saturday 18th June 2005, 13:55
Before you go to an independent or dealer and spend your money see this :

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/volvogallery/albums/Miscilaneous%20stuff/Volvo%20service%20light.doc

dicky b t5
Saturday 18th June 2005, 14:15
Before you go to an independent or dealer and spend your money see this :

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/volvogallery/albums/Miscilaneous%20stuff/Volvo%20service%20light.doc
Well i never knew it was that easy ..! handy bit of info . cheers Andrew .

Straker
Saturday 18th June 2005, 14:45
I have the same problem and this will save me some money at the garage.

Much appriciated. :)

Andrew
Saturday 18th June 2005, 14:56
Well i never knew it was that easy ..! handy bit of info . cheers Andrew .

Aye it's one of the many hidden gems and why I would advise everyone uses the search facility prior to asking questions which get asked all of the time :)

volvot5boy
Saturday 18th June 2005, 17:05
Thanks for that link i'll try it out when i get some time. I wish i'd known aboutthis site when i had oil cooler and radiator problems probably would have saved me getting my head gasket done when wasn't needed. Cheers!!!

meffs
Saturday 18th June 2005, 23:54
I have a 1996 volvo 850 t5 and it gets serviced by a locak garage but they don't have the tool to switch the service light off. I have been to a volvo dealer but they want £45+vat to turn it off. Does anyone have any suggestions???????? :dunce: :haha:Firstly, if you have a '96 T-5 it won't work and you need to reset it with the tool!

As the word document clearly states,

"850 (odometer below speedometer needle) 1991-95"

If the Volvo dealers wan't £45+vat and you do your own minor servicing then wouldn't it be advisable to purchase your own. Draper make them and they cost anything from 30 quid upwards. Try either ebay or www.kelkoo.co.uk (http://www.kelkoo.co.uk) under the heading 'volvo service reset tools'.

The Flying Banana
Saturday 18th June 2005, 23:58
I have a service light that flashes constantly and the garage that services it says they cant put it out...doesnt even go out after a while!!! Tried this reset procedure....it went out!!! However when i switched off and went back out later it is back to flashing again!!!

Straker
Sunday 19th June 2005, 20:11
Tried that service light procedure and it worked a treat.

Cheers

Andrew
Sunday 19th June 2005, 20:32
Tried that service light procedure and it worked a treat.

Cheers

Glad it worked out for you - see - come here save money and feel the ovlov