PDA

View Full Version : Parking Sensors

MacXC60T5
Wednesday 3rd February 2010, 21:31
Had a set of parking sensors fitted today. Cobra Parkmaster 4 fitted by
AutoTec of Redditch at a cost of £230 as against Volvo ones fitted £450. Result. Colour matched to vehicle colour.

AutoTec if wanted

www.myvehicle.co.uk

LeeT5
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 00:03
Had a set of parking sensors fitted today. Cobra Parkmaster 4 fitted by
AutoTec of Redditch at a cost of £230 as against Volvo ones fitted £450. Result. Colour matched to vehicle colour.

AutoTec if wanted

www.myvehicle.co.uk

:worthless

...also, the Volvo park assist mutes the radio when you engage reverse. Does yours?

rocket ronny
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 18:33
id learn to park properley and spend that money on something worthwhile however must say if your missus /granny/ is going to use the car it could be worth it

crespo
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 18:40
I got some sensors for £13.50 and some colour matched spray paint from Volvo for £13.99 and fitted them in under an hour. I can live with turning the radio down when reversing to be honest as its not exactly the most difficult thing to do.
Its so easy to do you have got to be a bit mental to pay the money quoted above. £230 or £450 from volvo. Im even more pleased with my handy work.

thebadger
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 18:45
I did think about sensors for a while, but I fitted a camera to the taigate & hooked it up to my head unit.

Seeing is believing!

crespo
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 19:02
id learn to park properley and spend that money on something worthwhile however must say if your missus /granny/ is going to use the car it could be worth it

When your missus has the parking skills of mine, Trust me it is a worthwhile investment.:rally_dri

castellsmith123
Tuesday 9th February 2010, 19:07
Lol!!!!!!!

mds
Wednesday 10th February 2010, 10:40
My daughter says all cars have them as standard there is a thud when your to close!!

Dont want the darling to be distracted by all the beeping, so that happens when she gets home.

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 10th February 2010, 10:44
Parking sensors, I ask Mrs PA to get out and tell me how much further I have to go back before I hit something.

If she's in a good mood she'll do it, otherwise I abandon Christine.