PDA

View Full Version : oil in intercooler hose?

Mental Wealth Doctor
Tuesday 2nd February 2010, 15:11
ive got reverse intercooler pipe fitted, and i noticed a stutter of recent. checked all pipe work for lose connections, and when taking off the lower connection to throttle body i noticed a bit of oil, ive also only just cleaned the idle control valve which has started to get stuck again. What is spewing oil out? does the intercooler have oil in it??? thought it was just air? if a turbo return seal had gone could the oil circulate that far round?

smithy
Tuesday 2nd February 2010, 16:01
ive got reverse intercooler pipe fitted, and i noticed a stutter of recent. checked all pipe work for lose connections, and when taking off the lower connection to throttle body i noticed a bit of oil, ive also only just cleaned the icv which has started to get stuck again. What is spewing oil out? does the intercooler have oil in it??? thought it was just air? if a turbo return seal had gone could the oil circulate that far round?

best thing to do mate is fit a catch tank on it

kevin 850t
Tuesday 2nd February 2010, 16:04
I have a little oil in the pipe across the top of engine, been like it since i got it, drove perfect, i can't answer any of your questions because i don't know engines

t5 pete
Tuesday 2nd February 2010, 16:50
Hello yes the intercooler pipes and intercooler will have oil in it as the pcv system recirclates through the turbo system

Mental Wealth Doctor
Tuesday 2nd February 2010, 17:50
catch tank it is then. cheers guys