PDA

View Full Version : Hide the Horns!

woody
Wednesday 24th November 2004, 00:26
Hi Guys and Gals, Woody here. Ive just had my 96 850R est auto back from a major operation by Hamish in Bromsgrove, its all sorted now, so I thought I'd treat it to a black mesh sports grill. Its fitting was easy but im left with 2 ugly horns nestling behind it!. Ive seen some of your top motors on the site and what Im getting to is, "Where have you stashed your Horns?". Cheers all. Woody.

Kent Canary
Wednesday 24th November 2004, 00:38
Quite a few people have relocated their horns to a bracket behind the o/s/f/ fog light, there is a bracket with two holes.

I did this, however drowned them driving through an unavoidable flood so have had to get new ones from Volvo and have put them back behind the grille.

DACVolvo has published a guide here: http://www.freewebs.com/dacvolvo/intercooler.htm

Obviously people have relocated the horns without problems but just to let you know my experience wasnt that succesfull.

Whereabouts in Lynn are you? Have family in Gayton.

Good luck!

woody
Wednesday 24th November 2004, 00:49
Thanks for your reply Kent. Im at Marham for my sins!. Thanks for your advice, ill have a look next week, as im travelling across country tomorrow.

Kent Canary
Wednesday 24th November 2004, 00:58
No problem, there are plenty of people on here, and on www.volvo-t5.co.uk, who can offer great advice and know what theyre doing. Marham - RAF / USAF?

Bracer
Wednesday 24th November 2004, 09:10
Its all shown Here (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=204) mate full step by step how too :wink:

woody
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 17:30
Thanks Bracer mate.couldnt do owt with the info you sent me,im not a computer person but if you email me at woody_gp800@hotmail.com that may work, Thanks very much for your help. Sorry for not replying sooner.

Bracer
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 17:34
Thanks Bracer mate.couldnt do owt with the info you sent me,im not a computer person but if you email me at woody_gp800@hotmail.com that may work, Thanks very much for your help. Sorry for not replying sooner.

No probs mate, email sent, so could you not view whats posted up on the site ?

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 17:35
Hey woody, just twigged on who you are how you doing mate, you still got your jetski i had to sell mine :(

Bracer
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 17:38
Hey woody, just twigged on who you are how you doing mate, you still got your jetski i had to sell mine :(

(Cough)

On Topic Please :rolleyes:

:hidesbehi

:wink:

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 17:44
On Topic Please :rolleyes:
lol, you'd sorted it out so the topic had finished (make him moderator & the power goes straight to his head :wink: )

Bracer
Tuesday 30th November 2004, 17:45
lol, you'd sorted it out so the topic had finished (make him moderator & the power goes straight to his head :wink: )

LMAO

Sorry Bro, only joking

:bow_kneel