PDA

View Full Version : key fob

leet5r
Sunday 31st January 2010, 19:05
how do you programme a key fob into a t5r , as i have washed the only 1 i had , and does the alarm work with just lockin the door
cheers lads

cameron
Sunday 31st January 2010, 19:09
IIRC think its turn the ignition on and off five times then you have to press the fob within 5 or ten seconds.

leet5r
Sunday 31st January 2010, 19:13
IIRC think its turn the ignition on and off five times then you have to press the fob within 5 or ten seconds.

cheers wheres the best place to get some fobs

t5 pete
Sunday 31st January 2010, 19:36
ebay lees and thats correct what lee says if your wanting to programe more than one for you only have five seconds between intervals also when the fob has been programed the red light on top of the dash board will come on constant for a few seconds

leet5r
Sunday 31st January 2010, 20:32
ebay lees and thats correct what lee says if your wanting to programe more than one for you only have five seconds between intervals also when the fob has been programed the red light on top of the dash board will come on constant for a few seconds

cheers pal al get 2 then programme them in , what do you do for the keys like , just get them cut

t5 pete
Sunday 31st January 2010, 20:33
you have to get them specially cut i paid around £20- £30 for myne

leet5r
Sunday 31st January 2010, 20:47
you have to get them specially cut i paid around £20- £30 for myne

cheers pal , do you have to go to volvo like

cameron
Sunday 31st January 2010, 21:14
Theres a good place in Barnsley that Pete put me onto, about £25 a key as they have old style transponders in them. Barnsley lock and safe company i think it was called.

they couldnt do my neighbours though as they didnt have the right software / techy stuff for the newer ( 2000 + ) cars.

t5 pete
Sunday 31st January 2010, 21:17
yeah its barnsley lock and safe on doncaster road but im sure others will do it you will just have to shop arround your area

leet5r
Sunday 31st January 2010, 21:20
yeah its barnsley lock and safe on doncaster road but im sure others will do it you will just have to shop arround your area

its just the key it hasnt got the imobiliser in like the later cars , a dont think anyway thanks lads

t5 pete
Sunday 31st January 2010, 21:42
theres a chip of some sort in them i think as alot of key cutters wont do them

leet5r
Sunday 31st January 2010, 22:08
theres a chip of some sort in them i think as alot of key cutters wont do them

a hope it still works like , it locked and opened the doors like , just the fob wont work

t5 G
Sunday 31st January 2010, 23:52
i have just got a n reg 850 t5 and had to program the fob i got it to work buy the turning the ignition on off 5 times and opend and closed the car a few times but affter i went out in it i came to lock it and it didnt work again can any one help

blackr
Monday 1st February 2010, 10:20
the only thing i would add is the doors and windows have to be shut for the sequence to work - if you have access to a handbook the sequence is in there, just i normally forget the DOORS and windows after i`ve just read the book