PDA

View Full Version : fitting a blanking plate

stevie69
Sunday 31st January 2010, 09:25
im planning on getting a dump valve for my car soon.ill have the chance to make a blanking plate tommorow at work so can i fit this and run it for a couple of weeks before i get the dump valve or do i need to fit both at the same time?thanks

p fandango
Sunday 31st January 2010, 09:43
i run mine perminantly with a blanking plate & no dump valve so it'll be fine mate

stevie69
Sunday 31st January 2010, 09:50
cheers.ill make a start to whipping my recirc of now then..

p fandango
Sunday 31st January 2010, 09:52
cheers.ill make a start to whipping my recirc of now then..
have fun lol, it'll be worth it once you hear the noise :pimp2:

PNuT
Sunday 31st January 2010, 14:51
i run mine perminantly with a blanking plate & no dump valve so it'll be fine mate

may be best to point out that not everyone agrees as to wether its a good idea tho.....

probably ok for a couple of weeks

p fandango
Sunday 31st January 2010, 17:41
may be best to point out that not everyone agrees as to wether its a good idea tho.....

probably ok for a couple of weeks
that depends how you look at it mate, i don't believe in remaps but don't expect anyone else to put my opinions across for me. As always everyone is allowed to answer with there opinions which you've now done :wink:

MC_Bob
Sunday 31st January 2010, 17:50
I think all PNuT means is you should say about the two sides to the story rather than just saying itll be ok.

I ran my rover turbo without one for a while, dont expect it to break anything, but theres always a possibilty. Some people dont advise it, whilst others say the effect on 1barish or pressure is so little its not worth being concerned about.

I believe the latter too.

p fandango
Sunday 31st January 2010, 18:16
I think all PNuT means is you should say about the two sides to the story rather than just saying itll be ok.
see what you mean & agree saying "it'll be fine" probably wasn't a wise thing to put, & theirs always 2 sides to everything