PDA

View Full Version : new turbo

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 14:35
i have just got a turbo in the form of a t3 flanged t3t4 thing , its canny big like , will this fit on my t5r

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 14:40
i have just got a turbo in the form of a t3 flanged t3t4 thing , its canny big like , will this fit on my t5r

hope it fits lol

Al115
Friday 29th January 2010, 14:41
That's kind of an open question. I'm sure that most things will fit with some work to flanges and maybe with some beating of the bulkhead (unless the turbo comes off a truck). On the other hand, do you want to fit it? What performance characteristics does it have, apart from being "bigger"?

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 14:46
not sure m8 , all i know is thats its oil cooled and came off a 200sx
and its bigger than my 15g

t5 pete
Friday 29th January 2010, 16:01
you can make anything fit even if the flange is different to can buy or make a adapter plate you will most likley need a custom down pipe.
Are there any numbers on the turbo so we can identyfi what it is

PNuT
Friday 29th January 2010, 16:37
the boost pipe looks like it may be a problem..... looks like it may be heading very close to the bulkhead.... maybe it can be spun round?

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 17:15
the boost pipe looks like it may be a problem..... looks like it may be heading very close to the bulkhead.... maybe it can be spun round?

yeah it can be spun round like , i am leandin a old 15g and manifold to see it will match up and to alter the turbo abit , a will need a custom down pipe and inlet pipe me thinks lol its massive lol

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 17:19
you can make anything fit even if the flange is different to can buy or make a adapter plate you will most likley need a custom down pipe.
Are there any numbers on the turbo so we can identyfi what it is

pete m8 on the compressour side its says
type t04e
part t3t4

if thats any help

t5 pete
Friday 29th January 2010, 17:27
3" inlet diamenter /2"outlet
0.58 5 bolt standard hotside
0.63 a/r cold
0.57 cimpressor wheel trim
0.50 a/r compressor
0.63 a/r turbine
57 trim
Turbine wheel:Exducer 2.48" / mayor:2.89"
Compressor wheel:Exducer:2.07" / mayor 2.36"
25-35 psi peak power performance output capability
1 year warranty!

Best upgrade part & great turbocharger for any project car or truck.

Perfect for any 4 cylinder.
Mitsubishi eclipse, honda civic, prelude, integra, ford 2.3l turbo etc.

After doing a little reading the one you have seems to be a knock off garrett can you get a close up of the tag plate please

t5 pete
Friday 29th January 2010, 17:29
how much did you pay for it lee

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 17:47
how much did you pay for it lee

got it for nowt pete m8 , but it the lad is comin to york , its him with the 350bhp corsa lol ,and he took me for a test ride in it last nite lol, hes just orded some nos aswell lol

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 17:49
3" inlet diamenter /2"outlet
0.58 5 bolt standard hotside
0.63 a/r cold
0.57 cimpressor wheel trim
0.50 a/r compressor
0.63 a/r turbine
57 trim
Turbine wheel:Exducer 2.48" / mayor:2.89"
Compressor wheel:Exducer:2.07" / mayor 2.36"
25-35 psi peak power performance output capability
1 year warranty!

Best upgrade part & great turbocharger for any project car or truck.

Perfect for any 4 cylinder.
Mitsubishi eclipse, honda civic, prelude, integra, ford 2.3l turbo etc.

After doing a little reading the one you have seems to be a knock off garrett can you get a close up of the tag plate please

what do you do in your spare time m8 lol , only kiddin pete , it the turbo any good then , a think i is a copy garret like ,not sure tho

Dangerous Dave
Friday 29th January 2010, 18:02
Looks like the actuator arm has a bit of bodging on it

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 18:08
Looks like the actuator arm has a bit of bodging on it

yeah , am goin to have to fiddle with it to make fit , ie turn the compressour side around a bit so it facen the right direction , so the actuator is probs no good , or i could just take the bit that goes over the wastegat arm off and pop a new 1 on like , easy , a think lol

t5 pete
Friday 29th January 2010, 18:09
yeah there deffinatly copys but saying that some times you can get good ones the do last and other times they might only last a couple of hundred of miles but it looks to have been used and if its one of your mates ask him how it ran with it on and why has he took it off also there for sale for only £170 delevered to your door with a chance of best offer on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/T3-T4-Hybrid-T04E-48-Trim-Turbo-Charger-A-R-50-3-Stage_W0QQitemZ130361730305QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1e5a2a2501

Im sick of never having enought time im either working in the building trade or messin with cars lol

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 18:36
what would be the best size injectors to run with this turbo like lads and lasses

t5 pete
Friday 29th January 2010, 19:59
depending what your wanting to push out of your turbo you might get away with either green or blues

smithy
Friday 29th January 2010, 22:07
what would be the best size injectors to run with this turbo like lads and lasses

what bottom end have you got because i had a t35 garrett hybrid done professionally by turbo technics to fit my 2.5t but i did strenghten the bottom end

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 22:14
what bottom end have you got because i had a t35 garrett hybrid done professionally by turbo technics to fit my 2.5t but i did strenghten the bottom end

standard bottom end like bud , but its a good bottom end like no play in any of the pots when we done the head gasket like bud, what will i need like just the conrods or anything else

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 22:25
depending what your wanting to push out of your turbo you might get away with either green or blues

wheres best to get them m8 , what about the siemen 1s

smithy
Friday 29th January 2010, 22:30
standard bottom end like bud , but its a good bottom end like no play in any of the pots when we done the head gasket like bud, what will i need like just the conrods or anything else

if i was you i would see if it is possible to fit that turbo looks like it is going to be alot of hassle to me .what power goals are you looking for mate.

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 22:32
if i was you i would see if it is possible to fit that turbo looks like it is going to be alot of hassle to me .what power goals are you looking for mate.

av blow up quiet a few turbos in my short time lol and had a few apart like lol , fittin will br easy like , al struggle with the down pipe like thats all a think

smithy
Friday 29th January 2010, 22:39
av blow up quiet a few turbos in my short time lol and had a few apart like lol , fittin will br easy like , al struggle with the down pipe like thats all a think

you will have to custom make all the oil/water lines and you also need to check how much room you have to get a downpipe made too mate.and if the boost is too agressive then byebye bottom end .also that turbo came off a rwd so the is alot more room to fit it on a 200sx than a t5 whitch is very limited but as they say anything can be done enjoy mate

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 22:48
you will have to custom make all the oil/water lines and you also need to check how much room you have to get a downpipe made too mate.and if the boost is too agressive then byebye bottom end .also that turbo came off a rwd so the is alot more room to fit it on a 200sx than a t5 whitch is very limited but as they say anything can be done enjoy mate

its only oiled cooled aswell lol , a got the turbo for nowt like so am not fussed if a cant get it to fit, rt got a gt35 on like so we will see , hope a can get it sorted for york like lol

smithy
Friday 29th January 2010, 22:53
its only oiled cooled aswell lol , a got the turbo for nowt like so am not fussed if a cant get it to fit, rt got a gt35 on like so we will see , hope a can get it sorted for york like lol

i will see you there then im stopping over on the sat night camping so it will be nice to see you racing on the strip mate

leet5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 22:58
i will see you there then im stopping over on the sat night camping so it will be nice to see you racing on the strip mate

yeah sounds good , i like a drink mind tho lol

Jamest5r
Friday 29th January 2010, 23:52
yeah sounds good , i like a drink mind tho lol

So does our lot as well mate

leet5r
Saturday 30th January 2010, 00:17
So does our lot as well mate

a bet your lot has nowt on my lot , trust me on this , if i can get them to camp i will probs be barred for next year lol