PDA

View Full Version : help?

Mental Wealth Doctor
Thursday 28th January 2010, 22:32
There are two little attachments for hose on the front of the block just left and down from vacuum tree. what hose's are normally attached here? seems they are missing after pcv replacement,

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 28th January 2010, 22:37
One goes to the black pipe that routes under the fuel rail (should be just an elbow to the black metal pipe), and the other is a pipe that runs under the dizzy to the back of the engine and attaches to the recirc valve. A third larger one should be the vacuum connection for the brake servo.

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 28th January 2010, 22:45
Actually, just had a look at mine, there are three connectors. One is the black metal pipe, the other goes to the recirc valve, and the last one connects to the charcoal tank pipes, theres a clip on the fan cowl to hold it. I've taken a photo, I'll upload it in a bit.

Mental Wealth Doctor
Thursday 28th January 2010, 22:51
Actually, just had a look at mine, there are three connectors. One is the black metal pipe, the other goes to the recirc valve, and the last one connects to the charcoal tank pipes, theres a clip on the fan cowl to hold it. I've taken a photo, I'll upload it in a bit.

Cheers Bomb!
Thought my dv was set up wrong then, its routed to where the recirc was routed before, is that ok?

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 28th January 2010, 23:00
Yeah that should be fine.

Here's the pic
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/bomb192uk/28012010293.jpg

And yes, the one to the charcoal tank has got a bolt in it, I know. My non return valves have broken, and its £42 to replace them! So blanked off keeps the boost up for now.

Mental Wealth Doctor
Thursday 28th January 2010, 23:03
Awesome thanks bomb, silly little mistakes lol

PNuT
Friday 29th January 2010, 05:09
And yes, the one to the charcoal tank has got a bolt in it, I know. My non return valves have broken, and its £42 to replace them! So blanked off keeps the boost up for now.

i just removed the whole system.... cant beat venting hydrocarbons to the atmosphere :D