PDA

View Full Version : USA Spec & iPod

jbrowncamera
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 19:22
Just thought I'd post that I've installed a USA Spec PA11-VOL (bought off e-bay from the states) into a '04 V70 with a HU803 after being frustrated with the quality of the Griffin 'Road Trip' FM transmitter.

All was fairly straightforward (I'm by no means experienced at this kind of thing but fairly practical) and took about 30mins following these fantastic instructions:

fantastic instructions (http://forums.t5d5.org/part-t2778.html)

All seems good, although I haven't finally settled on where to locate the main 'box'; there is enough cable to run it back (nicely concealed) to the centre armrest / CD holder. If anyone is interested, the 'yellow' wire connects to the thick red, +ve cable that goes into the main connector at the back of the Volvo HU803.

... this may not be of interest to anyone, but it would have been of interest to me prior to buying and fitting the thing!

Redbrick
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 19:28
I velcroed my USA-Spec to the metal work under the passenger seat- loads of flat space under there if you have a look. Been there a couple of years now with no issues, made it very easy to upgrade the cable to an iPhone compatible one (the original cables were not compatible).

gazbak1
Thursday 28th January 2010, 19:10
just ordered and fitted mine last week.

only problem i have is picking tracks using the ipod itself.

jbrowncamera
Friday 29th January 2010, 13:02
just ordered and fitted mine last week.

only problem i have is picking tracks using the ipod itself.

That's to do with the DIP switch positions ... it does work, I think you switch DIP 2 to 'off'

gazbak1
Friday 29th January 2010, 20:16
thanks will have a play when i get the chance