PDA

View Full Version : Mileage reading not registering!

Nigel T5
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 14:04
Hi folks,
have used this site for the many problems my V70 shows andnow my good old reliable 850 has a problem (first in 60,000 miles over 3 years). The odometer has stopped registering the mileage im doing thats the main and the trip! Although the speedometer still works and is as accurate as you would expect. Any ideas?

Tomcat
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 14:56
If the speedo wasn't working either I'd have thought it was a problem with the ABS ecu but as the speedo is working then it's gotta be something in the clocks itself.

5seaterT5x2
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 18:07
Hi folks,
have used this site for the many problems my V70 shows andnow my good old reliable 850 has a problem (first in 60,000 miles over 3 years). The odometer has stopped registering the mileage im doing thats the main and the trip! Although the speedometer still works and is as accurate as you would expect. Any ideas?

have the same problem with mine asked the same question on here a while back seems theres a thing called a stepper motor on the back of the clock which can seize up not bothered yet to do mine might well do one day ;-)

nobananas
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 18:43
have the same problem with mine asked the same question on here a while back seems theres a thing called a stepper motor on the back of the clock which can seize up not bothered yet to do mine might well do one day ;-)

This is correct there is a small motor that moves the odometer round. You can replace the odometer as a unit as I did a few years ago if you are prepared to dismantle the instrument panel. I have a load of piccys somewhere showing how, if anyone wants them posting up, let me know.

5seaterT5x2
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 23:34
This is correct there is a small motor that moves the odometer round. You can replace the odometer as a unit as I did a few years ago if you are prepared to dismantle the instrument panel. I have a load of piccys somewhere showing how, if anyone wants them posting up, let me know.

thanks might do it one day ;-)

Nigel T5
Thursday 28th January 2010, 17:02
The photos would be great! dismantling the dash isnt a problem its when you open up the clock set me thinks?

Vikingxl
Thursday 28th January 2010, 17:20
Clock set is as easy as the dash should take less than 20 mins for the whole job including dash removal from start to finish