PDA

View Full Version : Side light warning

LeeT5
Tuesday 26th January 2010, 16:43
Can anyone tell me if phase 2 V70's have a warning if your front side lights blow? ie, like the brake light warning.

I am about to purchase some LED bulbs but don't want to if they are going to through a warning on the dash everytime i put my lights on.

Thanks.

p fandango
Tuesday 26th January 2010, 16:52
don't think they have got the warning on the sidelights, i've got LED's on my sidelights on my S60 & don't get a warning come up

LeeT5
Tuesday 26th January 2010, 17:02
Thanks m8, question answered.

Going to order two of these:

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/501194t10-mini-light-tower-leds-xenon-white-bulb-p-1545.html

thebadger
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 08:48
There's no warning for the side lights, but the indicators, head-lights & the tail/brake lights all do.

LED sides are a better option, but be warned that the cheap ones melt with the heat off the headlights. (I had a set do this, but it's the 501 pinch holding plastic spade that melts)

HTH

LeeT5
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 19:18
I don't do cheap!

thebadger
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 20:33
Neither do I, but the plastic housings were.

My last set I bought were HID(more like a suggestion) LED 501's.

These use a single high powerd circut board type LED. These are WAY brighter than the single, quad etc LED 501's. You can usually spot them as they have a metal crosshatched collar on them.

Be warned, they are very bright & will get plod attention if not in brilliant white.