PDA

View Full Version : Spark plugs

sebasteeno
Monday 25th January 2010, 20:21
What are your recommendations for a V70 T5?

t5 pete
Monday 25th January 2010, 20:29
tbh ide just go for the volvo ones i did use ngk platium but theres no difference between the two imho

Storm-Troll
Monday 25th January 2010, 23:02
I use the Irridium Ones. noticable better performance and good start on cold mornings.

Dangerous Dave
Monday 25th January 2010, 23:57
I have used the NGK iridium ones, and they were great (they were also cheaper than the standard NGK ones). Currently got genuine volvo ones in, and having no problems.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 26th January 2010, 10:50
If you can't stretch to those - NGK BKR7EVX are also good!

ps I have the NGK Iridium 8s too! LOL

cameron
Tuesday 26th January 2010, 20:02
Those you suggested Dave are the ones i use, ( NGK BKR7EVX ) £35 for the set and no problems.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 27th January 2010, 09:27
I have been quoting that number for the last 6 years! LOL

Time flies when your in Volvo.

rocket ronny
Monday 8th February 2010, 15:08
Having tried various expensive so called high performance plugs ive started using bog standard bosch coppers again, dirt cheap and i cannot notice any difference what so ever in performance or MPG

Wobbly Dave
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:03
It's not about either of those things. It's about temperature and ability to cope with high loads.

rocket ronny
Monday 8th February 2010, 17:56
It's not about either of those things. It's about temperature and ability to cope with high loads.

you dont say, which is why you select a plug which is specified for the engine and is within the correct heat range , the only reason the more exotic materials are used is in a attempt to give the plug a longer service life it doesnt make it actually perform any better