PDA

View Full Version : clearing a code

p0xy
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:02
i made the flash code reader for my car and it came up code 121. Ive changed the maf sensor on my 1995 850 t5 and the lights still on.. its got the obd2 plug on it but i lent the code reader off the forum and it wouldnt work... will I have to go to someone to clear the code??

cheers

Tomcat
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:05
It may clear it's self once it learns that the fault has been corrected, if it doesn't then yeah you'll need to pay a trip to the dealer.

p0xy
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:09
ok cheers mate

nobananas
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:22
If you just want to clear the code and put the MIL off then providing you have fixed the fault then unplugging the ecu for a short time usually works, has done for me in the past.

p fandango
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:29
being a 1995 its not fully OBD2 compliant, which means the usual universal reads won't work

if you look around the net i'm sure there is a cheat to clear the codes & to read them by connecting certain pins on the plug

cameron
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:58
Pulling the ecu out over night may reset it, thats what i did on mine and its been off ever since :B_thumb:

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 24th January 2010, 22:58
i made the flash code reader for my car and it came up code 121. Ive changed the maf sensor on my 1995 850 t5 and the lights still on.. its got the obd2 plug on it but i lent the code reader off the forum and it wouldnt work... will I have to go to someone to clear the code??

cheers

is this the home made code reader you' got/made? if so i've cleared codes with the same just leave the 3rd wire in for longer ie:- at least 5/6 seconds pull it out the led light should stay on put wire back in for about 3 seconds should be job done. but you have to read all the codes at least once before you can clear them hope this helps, gareth

p0xy
Sunday 24th January 2010, 23:08
ye mate its the home made codereader, will try that in the mornin and if it doesnt work will try disconnectin the ecu overnight

phil_woods
Monday 25th January 2010, 00:10
im with lee on this one, after I jetwashed my engine the eml came on, I disconnected the battery for a couple of hours, good as gold when re connected

castellsmith123
Monday 25th January 2010, 17:22
I have an ACR4 with the volvo cartridge. I don't use it alot nowday's as I mainly work on lorries! I am will to post this to anyone who want's to borrow it aslong as they pay the postage! Cheer,s!

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 26th January 2010, 17:57
ye mate its the home made codereader, will try that in the mornin and if it doesnt work will try disconnectin the ecu overnight

tis a bit fiddly i guess but definately do able done one for t5taff of here and done my own on my old t5 a few times might have to try a few times but definateley can be dun, first insertion of the 3rd wire go for at least 3/4 seconds to get the code all codes must be read before you can clear any once you have all the codes insert (ooeer) the 3rd wire again for about 5/6 seconds led should stay on whip it out then back in for about 3 seconds should be job dun