PDA

View Full Version : o t/c dont work

woking rob
Sunday 24th January 2010, 19:31
it dont bother me but my traction control dont work, i can flip the switch as much as i want it dont do anything no lights nothing any clues?

phil_woods
Sunday 24th January 2010, 19:32
perhaps it had a fault tracs light eluminates when there is a fault. Its cheaper to take out the bulb than fix

woking rob
Sunday 24th January 2010, 19:38
what does the light look like

phil_woods
Sunday 24th January 2010, 19:41
erm sorry mate I have no idea, I am not one of the intelligent ones on here lol

woking rob
Sunday 24th January 2010, 19:55
lol thank u anyway

Tomcat
Sunday 24th January 2010, 20:12
It doesn't work above about 20mph anyway and it's not much use either way. From memory if you flick the switch once it should bring the tracs symbol up on the dash, if you flick it again it should go off.

woking rob
Sunday 24th January 2010, 20:31
nope dont do anything u gotta pic of the light it should come up when ignition is on but not started?

Clan998
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:09
nope dont do anything u gotta pic of the light it should come up when ignition is on but not started?

When you put the ignition on the "Tracs Off" light and the ABS light should come on and then go off if all is well once you start the car . The light comes up on the dash " Tracs Off " when you press the switch after you've started it.

Hope that makes sense ?

The previous owner had taken the lamps out on mine .... It turned out the ECU needed resoldering and the lamps replacing but all working good now :-)

Hope you get to the bottom of it

cameron
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:24
Rob mine is exactly the same :cry:

No light on the dash on starting ignition or with the switch, think a dash out investigation is on the cards this weekend :grumpy:

I'll let you know how i get on.

Tomcat
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:25
Oooh dear......good luck Lee, lets hope it's just a blown bulb.

cameron
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:26
Here's hoping Craig ;)

p fandango
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:27
wonder if the ECU's have been replaced with non-TRACS one's

cameron
Sunday 24th January 2010, 21:31
I thought of that Pedro when i bought my car.

The abs light kept coming on and the previous owner promised to send me a replacement one, im still waiting by the way :doh:

I went to Readviews and bought the correct ABS ECU ( i got the numbers off Rufe ;) ) and still no lights at any time, so i'll check the bulbs first off as thats the easy bit then if need be i'll delve further into it.

woking rob
Monday 25th January 2010, 18:48
thank you not that i mind and my dash wont b coming out even if it is just a little wire i only have budgets on at the mo so they can go up in smoke lol

cameron
Monday 25th January 2010, 21:10
Taking the top of the dash off is a piece of cake, pull the air directional vents out, remove about 8 - 10 small torques and the top lifts off, i'll do a how to if you want but im pretty sure theres a guide in the V70 section, they are both basically the same dash top ;)

woking rob
Monday 25th January 2010, 21:43
o it looks pritty hard lol

cameron
Monday 25th January 2010, 22:07
Honestly its a 10 minute job :D

Porcine_Aviator
Monday 25th January 2010, 23:03
On our V70 (Christine) the STC button in the centre consul the bottom row right, stays on until you press and hold it in for a second or so, then a symbol comes on in the right hand corner of the dash next to the service light. It a small red triangle with a car skidding, similar to the mud on road sign. When you switch off the ignition it reverts to the on setting with the red light on the switch.

Clan998
Tuesday 26th January 2010, 20:33
Honestly its a 10 minute job :D

Cam is right ... I took mine out changed bulbs and all back together 25 mins and had a cup of tea !