PDA

View Full Version : Heated, Memory Seat probs

The Flying Banana
Thursday 16th June 2005, 20:08
Hello!!

is it common for the 850 heated seats to stop working..i have never sat in one yet that seems to get very hot? Also does anyone know anything about memory seats.....it was working but has stopped remembering!!! still functions normally tho...any ideas?

p fandango
Thursday 16th June 2005, 20:21
theres 2 wires going into the foam underneath the seat base for the heated seat, check they're both still in there (only on spade connectors) as they keep getting pulled out by junk i put in the foot well in the back which is why mine don't work

splatt
Thursday 16th June 2005, 20:35
theres 2 wires going into the foam underneath the seat base for the heated seat, check they're both still in there (only on spade connectors) as they keep getting pulled out by junk i put in the foot well in the back which is why mine don't work
Yep..usual fault...fiddly job to repair (well to get the spade connector back on!) but possible without removing seat.
As for memory..?...have u started with the obvious fuse etc..?

The Flying Banana
Thursday 16th June 2005, 20:41
Yeah looked at the fuse..its strange cos the memory was working when i got it and i have another one with memory which was working and it too has stopped...thought i wasnt doing it right or something but tried everything!!!! Is there another fuse box somewhere other than under the bonnet

dicky b t5
Thursday 16th June 2005, 20:56
When i had my 96 850 in for the 140,000 essensial service a couple of months ago at the main dealers , they did a recall for me on the drivers seat thermostat .. something to do with the wiring , so might be worth popping down to yours to enquire. hope this can be of help. DBT5