PDA

View Full Version : Am I Talking Thru' My *Rs?

v70torslanda
Thursday 21st January 2010, 23:17
All this talk of *Rs on here leads me to think that I've owned the D5 for as near as dammit 4 years now and, apart from changing the wheels, I've done nowt to it.

I don't intend to change it for a long while yet and I've always fancied an 'egg crate' grille on it. I've researched it on and off but drawn the conclusion the only way to do it is to change the bumper and the only choices there are S60 or R. So here's the thing . . .

Which one? Is it really wrong to put an R bumper on a diesel? Does the S60 bumper make it look like you picked up the wrong one at the scrapyard after crashing into a tree?

In short, am I talking thru' my *Rs?

luv'n'stuff

J

scooter
Friday 22nd January 2010, 00:22
To be honest your car your choose it is what you are happy with I drive a t5 and i am looking at a r bumper myself and i don't care what other people think it is me that is driving it not them It might sound harse But when you get people putting £5000 sound systems and the car is worth £500 it is your money

p fandango
Friday 22nd January 2010, 05:21
you can get aftermarket kits for S60's (LINK (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Full-Body-Kit-VOLVO-S60-PHENOMENON-Promotion_W0QQitemZ310190392853QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4838c9c 615)) but as said it does depend on what you want to do with the car. I brought my tractor purely to replace BT as the daily car so i could go a bit more extreme with mods on the 850. I don't intend to modify the D5 but as things need replacing i do tend to get aftermarket as its cheaper & ends up getting modified that way

to fit an R bumper you need the reinforcement as well because their different

v70torslanda
Friday 22nd January 2010, 08:16
But would a 60 front look wrong on this?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/shedbike/france2009jmk2003.jpg

Hmmmm. Don't want to get this one wrong . . .

volvokid
Friday 22nd January 2010, 09:22
No it would look better, but dont put an R badge on it lol

Torch S70R
Friday 22nd January 2010, 10:06
could put an R Design badge on it tho LOL ;)

i think you should as it will improve the front end appearance loads :)

RobbieH
Friday 22nd January 2010, 18:44
My opinion only:wink:

Change the headlights for a face lift version, ditching the lamp washers (plus the holes or fill and spray).

REMAP

end of story.

v70torslanda
Friday 22nd January 2010, 20:03
My opinion only:wink:

Change the headlights for a face lift version, ditching the lamp washers (plus the holes or fill and spray).

REMAP

end of story.

Wanna 'egg-crate' grille, innit!

RobbieH
Friday 22nd January 2010, 21:57
Wanna 'egg-crate' grille, innit!

Oy, you NO :duck:

Map, map, map, map, map, map, map, map, map, map, map,map

Do I make myself clear :wavey:,

No, OK more bike bits for you then :haha:

v70torslanda
Friday 22nd January 2010, 22:49
Well, OK! Just this once . . .

So. When I've done this 'remap' can I 'ave a R front?

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. Please DAD! Please DAD! Please DAD! Please DAD!

PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaassssssssssssssseeee!

RobbieH
Friday 22nd January 2010, 23:24
Well, OK! Just this once . . .

So. When I've done this 'remap' can I 'ave a R front?

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. Please DAD! Please DAD! Please DAD! Please DAD!

PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaassssssssssssssseeee!

"Son" we are virtually the same age so I think "Dad" is the wrong term :troutslap. No kids for this household and I am most definitely NOT about to start now nor do I wish to adopt a bigger kid than me LOL :haha:

Get a remap mate, trust me you will get more enjoyment out of that upgrade than the cosmetic variety :wink:.

I'll have to give you a ride one day, I think actions speak louder than words. A few spare minutes next Saturday perhaps ?