PDA

View Full Version : Ouch - u kidding? How much? Ha Ha Ha!

MATTAL
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:19
Just "potholed" my V70R AWD - cheers Northumberland County Council - hoping wheel will straighten but got quote for new one just in case!
Are you ready for this?
Are you sitting down?
Ok, here we go....
WARNING - even my friendly Volvo franchise service manager said this was "daylight robbery with GBH and a dose of rape" !!!

£550 + VAT

YEP, 550 bar for 1 OEM Volvo 18" 5 spoke wheel - no tyre, balncing, centre cap, nuts, nothing, nada, nowt.

Off to local boy racer shop to price up a full set of whatever's before I stump that up, insurance claim or not!!

Sometimes, I do wonder why on earth I chose Volvo's and not Citroens!!!!

Gouldy
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:23
ebay is your friend, :@)

cameron
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:24
Im not surprised in the slightest TBH :doh:

My last 850 got wrote off because it needed one 16" Persus alloy wheel @ £330.

Do a search on Ebay before you go buying a different set or try Readview, Nads or maybe even Gary ( Siamblue ) as they all must have brilliant man caves as they always seem to have everything :B_thumb:

p fandango
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:29
& to think Team Dynamics used to make the alloys for Volvo, not sure if they still do but you can get a full set with there own name on for that

irf
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:37
pyaap has some 18" team dynamic alloys for sale on T5D5 for, i think £400. unused iirc and the same dimensions as the S60R wheel..........

linky. (http://forums.t5d5.org/brand-alloy-wheels-s60r-v70r-t6528-page-20.html)

MATTAL
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:45
Cheers for the helpful comments guys - will await outcome of my refurb/wheel magician mate tomorrow before wasting anyone's time but if it can't be fixed, I now have some options other than bankruptcy for a bloomin' wheel!
Thanks y'all.
Small picture of my old collection attached along with my first Volvo, 16 gears and 280BHP but only 7mpg!! Still, 30 tonnes Gross wasn't bad at 75mph - no cameras back then!

volvokid
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:45
If there pegs thats the going price lad. I know my old BBS Volvo tritons were £500 each

cameron
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:47
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet Wee Collection there Buddy :B_thumb:

MATTAL
Pegs they be - o lord give me strength and please let the dent get round again!

volvokid
Cheers for the helpful comments guys - will await outcome of my refurb/wheel magician mate tomorrow before wasting anyone's time but if it can't be fixed, I now have some options other than bankruptcy for a bloomin' wheel!
Thanks y'all.
Small picture of my old collection attached along with my first Volvo, 16 gears and 280BHP but only 7mpg!! Still, 30 tonnes Gross wasn't bad at 75mph - no cameras back then!

Ahh so thats the first Flash V70R facelift I have seen that looks much better

MATTAL
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:49
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet Wee Collection there Buddy :B_thumb:

Sadly down to just the green one now - even me old bessy's had to go as I couldn't afford the diesel for going to shows with it any more - I hate this bloody government!

cameron
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:50
Im with you on that one matey :cry:

Petrol has just hit £1.15 a litre for 95 ron and £1.20 for V Power :mad111:

MATTAL
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:52
Soz guys - gotta go as wife's demanding sex again! Will check back tomorrow morning as managed a "home office" day at last!
Cheers.

volvoturboman
Thursday 21st January 2010, 00:10
£550, thats all!!! I'll take 4, no actually 5 one for a spare lol. The reasonyou don't have a ****roen mate is because you'll be paying that every month on repairs.

LeeT5
Friday 22nd January 2010, 21:49
i have a spare 'new' 18" Pegasus alloy. Not needed as does not fit in the tyre well as i have Subwoofer in the floor.

MATTAL
Friday 26th February 2010, 18:08
Hi peeps,
just a short update now the dust has settled. managed to get rims "straightened" (or should that be re-rounded?) for £70 all in. Am now pursuing Northumberland County Council for the full costs of that plus 2 new P-Zero's and a 4 wheel alingnment/tracking check and adjust - ~£450 all in.
So far....diddly-squat, but I'm a persistent sod, so we'll see how they are in around 8 months of continual correspondance!!
Wish me luck and thanks for all your support - "heartening" is the only word i can find that doesn't sound like a gushing actor nancy!
Cheers y'all.

p fandango
Friday 26th February 2010, 18:22
Cov Council paided up easy enough when i buckled 2 on a pothole, hope you have the same luck with your council