PDA

View Full Version : 1 wheel sits in the arch further than the other lol

leet5r
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 16:03
help , any got any ideas why my car driver wheel sits in the arch further than the passinger side wheel i have replaced the pass side bottom arm and am goin to do the other 1 tonight , but hte arm looks shorter than the other 1 ?the car is lowered 40mm if that helps

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 16:09
How long have you had the car, and do you know it's history. I could be wrong but it sounds like something I came across some years ago when a car had had a front OS shunt and then been repaired and the body geometry was off.

leet5r
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 16:20
How long have you had the car, and do you know it's history. I could be wrong but it sounds like something I came across some years ago when a car had had a front OS shunt and then been repaired and the body geometry was off.

a dont think its been in a bump like m8 , its still got the olvo wings on am goin to have a good look tonightwhen a change the wheel bearing and cv boot, , could it be the strut

walter leever
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 16:52
That's quite normal,and has nothing to do with overweight.....lol

All 850's have this,don't know why.:rainfro:

walter

leet5r
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 17:01
That's quite normal,and has nothing to do with overweight.....lol

All 850's have this,don't know why.:rainfro:

walter

its startin to pev me off a bit like as i want my car to sit rit lol , it catches the inner arch on full lock ,it has 215,s on like any ideas on what it could be like

nobananas
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 18:34
Could be pattern arms, I know from experience they are not always an accurate copy of the original. I fitted one to mine and it threw the steering wheel out by quarter of a turn !

cameron
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 19:31
Id go with a shorter arm, i done it on mine and ended up changing them both to even it out :B_thumb:

nobananas
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:04
Remember to get your tracking checked and camber reset.

leet5r
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:05
i have just changed the bottom arm and wheel bearing on the drivers side and it seems to have sorted its selk so am happy

cameron
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 20:19
Always ;)

Remember to get your tracking checked and camber reset.