PDA

View Full Version : Wiper arm swap - Any tips

sebasteeno
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 14:28
My motor had no washer jets then this morning i went to put the wipers on intermittent and they stayed on and now wont turn off. Im thinking the arm is fubared so was gonna swap it but how easy is this to do?

Any tips as it doesnt appear to be in the online haynes?

p fandango
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 16:17
a little trick i heard off JodT5 is that it could be the headlight washers, they are common to falling apart & the current backs up thru to the main wiper circuit. Disconnect the headlamp wipers & see if that stops it

if not i've got a spare windscreen wiper motor off an 850 you can have for the price of the postage, i'd of thought it will fit an V70. Hasn't got the mechanism as it's half way thru being converted to single wiper but never got round to finishing it

sebasteeno
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 16:34
Well ive just changed wiper stalk with one i got from the scrappers and its not stopped the wipers.

Ill go disconnect the headlight wipers and see what happens

sebasteeno
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 16:41
Mr Fandango, you is the man!

Wipers now functioning correctly!

Cheers mate!

Now to get the washers going as theyre dead! Any ideas?

p fandango
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 16:45
ha ha glad it worked mate, the casing for the headlight washers is only clipped together. The casing seperates & the microswitch inside doesn't make contact then. You can try taking the motors out & rebuilding them/put them back together or just get another pair from the scrapyard, or just remove them