PDA

View Full Version : 940 Running Lights

lsn202
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 07:14
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the running lights and, if so, how it's done?

smithy
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 21:39
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the running lights and, if so, how it's done?

i dont think you can on the rwd cars but personally i like mine on my 940t as they are ON it scares other cars then lol

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 23:11
I managed to turn mine off on my old 940. You need to remove a wire from the back of the main light switch on the dash. It has two wires crimped into it, and these need to stay together, just the wire needs to be removed from the connector. Unfortunately I can't remember which one it was, all I know it had two wires going to it.

Basically there is a constant feed to this wire in the light switch and by unplugging the wire, it disables it. Just make sure you keep the two wires together, and just insulate the end.

volvoturboman
Thursday 21st January 2010, 00:58
Don't quote me on this although its worth a try. As far as I'm aware the 940's were to the 740 as the S/V70's are to the 850's. So whenI bought my 740 the running lights where not working, or so I thought. Under further investigation I discovered that the fuse had just been pulled by the previous owner. Its worth a look but ifyour fuse box is behind the ashtray on the dash console then it should be if my memory serves me right the second fuse from the passener side on the first row of fuses. Its worth a try before you start pulling wires.

volvo440
Tuesday 6th April 2010, 21:54
I have a 440 and if the dial for the lights is the same with 0 side and drive i turn mine half way between 0 and side and it disconnects contacts. I do this to put more charge into batteries at competitions to charge faster