PDA

View Full Version : C70's booked in

volvokid
Tuesday 19th January 2010, 20:41
I've been detailing the C70 and have always wanted to book the car into polishedbliss (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/) to get somthing done to it, so its booked in to get this zymol wax (http://www.zymol.co.uk/zymolvintageglaze22oz.aspx) put on. The first available booking was the 8th of April so I guess It won't be taxed till then, at least it will be into warmer months by then. Can't wait :mischievo

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 19th January 2010, 21:19
is that because this is one of the really expensive zymol waxes? Royal glaze or what ever it is called?

volvokid
Tuesday 19th January 2010, 22:39
is that because this is one of the really expensive zymol waxes? Royal glaze or what ever it is called?

Yeah it's the 2 grand vintage one.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 19th January 2010, 22:40
are they doing any paint correction first or are you just getting the wax on?

volvokid
Tuesday 19th January 2010, 22:45
are they doing any paint correction first or are you just getting the wax on?

No I'm doing all the correction work myself just now and I wont drive the car until its done, they have told me I can use my wax on it just now as it wont affect there product. I couldnt afford to have them do a full correction and dont really need them to but it would be nice if I could. This is costing £195 plus VAT and all they do is wash the car and apply the wax.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 19th January 2010, 22:58
Awesome. simply awesome - can't wait to see the result.

volvokid
Tuesday 19th January 2010, 23:04
Awesome. simply awesome - can't wait to see the result.

Thanks Dave either can I, then I can finnaly start to enjoy the car and actualy DRIVE it for once can't wait.

volvokid
Friday 5th February 2010, 22:52
I went into polished bliss yesterday and they were just away to start on a black Bentley, It was gleaming and at a glance the word wow springs to mind, Clark was taking pictures of it and he was using his special light that shows the blemishes in the paint, it was full of swirls, no more than any other car though. it was getting the full shebang done and was costing up words of £3500 who said money doesn't grow on trees, I need to plant one.
The C70 had a mark on the bumper before i picked it up so they painted it but there is a blemish so there going to work there magic on the front bumper :)

t5 pete
Friday 5th February 2010, 22:58
excuse my ingnorince but what will this do to your paint work

volvokid
Friday 5th February 2010, 23:04
excuse my ingnorince but what will this do to your paint work

Look on there site it shows you all there, they basicly take ALL the flaws out of your paint even brand new cars are full of them.

t5 pete
Friday 5th February 2010, 23:14
that sounds good then what do yuo use to polish your car i just use auto glym super resin and then gloss protection is there any thing else better that then for price wise

MIKESC70T5
Friday 5th February 2010, 23:23
Correct me if i'm wrong but are you saying you purchased the car last year but won't be driving it until April this year?

volvokid
Friday 5th February 2010, 23:23
Here's a vid if your intrested http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/detailing-services-ne-plus-ultra.html. I get 99% of my stuff and advice from them, I use the menzera range for polish as Volvo paint is hard and softer polishes wont do anything (if your using the polish for its purpose), for now I use an entry level Zymol wax "carbon" but I use the "volvo" version its basicly the same and the price is the same.

volvokid
Friday 5th February 2010, 23:24
Correct me if i'm wrong but are you saying you purchased the car last year but won't be driving it until April this year?

No your correct.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 5th February 2010, 23:41
... I use the menzera range for polish as Volvo paint is hard and softer polishes wont do anything (if your using the polish for its purpose), for now I use an entry level Zymol wax "carbon" but I use the "volvo" version its basicly the same and the price is the same.
I can say first hand how right this is. Took me ages to find a decent combo for Volvo top coat.

MIKESC70T5
Friday 5th February 2010, 23:54
No your correct.

Please don't take offence but can i ask,:redface: whats the point in spending 40 grand on a beautiful car to not use it for 5 months and then your lovely v70 sitting in a showroom also not being used.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 5th February 2010, 23:56
I am thinking about getting a rotary - do you think it will give better results than the Porter Cable?

volvokid
Saturday 6th February 2010, 00:11
Please don't take offence but can i ask,:redface: whats the point in spending 40 grand on a beautiful car to not use it for 5 months and then your lovely v70 sitting in a showroom also not being used.

No offense taken I get asked this question all the time twice in fact at my work today, the V70 is more of a show piece to me that I want to get near perfect in my eyes, I'm sure one day if I dont sell it I will start driving it but never full time. I want to keep the C70 as good as I can and dont want to wreck it in the winter so 6 months tax will suit my needs for it. I drive my V40 all the time, it gets a wash from time to time :) this is my first year of proper snow in the V40 and I would be gutted to drive the C70 in it the V40's front bumper has already been scuffed I guess due to snow, no one owned up typical, I can see a few little chips on the windscreen nothing that would need attended too but this has been caused by gritters and people over taking me and cutting in too early so god knows how the front is for stone chips there was not one before the winter so we will see. Once I have a serious relationship and family I may feel differently towards my hobbie but I'm young just now so what the heck.....

volvokid
Saturday 6th February 2010, 00:14
I am thinking about getting a rotary - do you think it will give better results than the Porter Cable?

Dam rite it will Dave, I want to get one but thats for the future I dont need it yet. I would just recomend you buy a paint thickness guage as it will strip back the paint a lot faster. Get a scrap panel from some were and practice on that.

abdul
Saturday 6th February 2010, 00:46
like to take mine to them but a bit too far

volvokid
Saturday 6th February 2010, 01:04
like to take mine to them but a bit too far

If you can afford there prices I'm sure the distance shouldnt bother you lol they get cars from all over the UK. Rich who owns it told me he wouldnt pay there prices. I'd have to be earning a hell of a lot more before I could get there top detail, thats why i'm learing as much as I can even thought its not to there standard.

abdul
Saturday 6th February 2010, 01:09
any company closer to manchester who do this work

volvokid
Saturday 6th February 2010, 01:12
There are probably a few but I dont think there are a lot that go to the extent they would do, I'll have a quick look just now.

volvokid
Saturday 6th February 2010, 01:17
heres one http://www.finerdetails.co.uk/

abdul
Saturday 6th February 2010, 01:19
thanks for the link going to contact them

volvokid
Saturday 6th February 2010, 01:23
thanks for the link going to contact them

No probs let me know how you get on.

t5_monkey
Saturday 6th February 2010, 18:19
I kinda like just doing the washing and polishing myself - gets you outside for an hour or two on a nice day and still looks great if you take care.

As my dad says (and the guy drives a Skoda VRS) "It's just a volvo!"

Products on the website look good.

abdul
Saturday 6th February 2010, 18:52
No probs let me know how you get on.

will do

volvokid
Saturday 6th February 2010, 19:33
I kinda like just doing the washing and polishing myself - gets you outside for an hour or two on a nice day and still looks great if you take care.

As my dad says (and the guy drives a Skoda VRS) "It's just a volvo!"

Products on the website look good.

Got to agree with you I enjoy doing it all myself, but I dont have this wax thats getting put on. I find i've started to get an eye for detailing and I can spot a non detailed one a mile off. ha its just a Volvo to most people but I would choose Volvo over any brand lol

abdul
Wednesday 10th February 2010, 11:13
Got to agree with you I enjoy doing it all myself, but I dont have this wax thats getting put on. I find i've started to get an eye for detailing and I can spot a non detailed one a mile off. ha its just a Volvo to most people but I would choose Volvo over any brand lol

agree volo always