PDA

View Full Version : S40 t5 ????

Murphy
Tuesday 23rd November 2004, 17:29
i gather that this car has the same 2.5 engine as the R. Does this mean the power is restricted from a potential 345 hp ?!?!?!?!

Could this car hold the title for large power increase from just a ECU map ???

lance
Tuesday 23rd November 2004, 17:37
Just sat in one this afternoon very nice.
Also picked up a V70 R booklet and was suprised to discover the Geartronic only does 0-62 in 7.7 secs compared to the maunual 5.9 secs and torque is just 350nm compared to 400nm , Is this volvo nearly admiting its Geartronics cant cope.
Give me a Volvo over a FORD Volvo anyday.

Bracer
Tuesday 23rd November 2004, 17:38
i gather that this car has the same 2.5 engine as the R. Does this mean the power is restricted from a potential 345 hp ?!?!?!?!

Could this car hold the title for large power increase from just a ECU map ???

The power is supposed to be 225 in the new S40 but I would think the restriction is due to more than just software and probably would need a new zorst and a few other bits to get it back up to R power :wink:

Murphy
Tuesday 23rd November 2004, 17:41
Just sat in one this afternoon very nice.
Also picked up a V70 R booklet and was suprised to discover the Geartronic only does 0-62 in 7.7 secs compared to the maunual 5.9 secs and torque is just 350nm compared to 400nm , Is this volvo nearly admiting its Geartronics cant cope.
Give me a Volvo over a FORD Volvo anyday.

Check you out lance, browsing around the £30k market - you just put me off the geartronics anyway :eek: and it is such a shame the manual gear knob and surrounding area look so ££££e !!!!!

I also heared that no one has achieved 300bhp out of factory yet and is actually more like 270 :(

Bracer
Tuesday 23rd November 2004, 17:46
Check you out lance, browsing around the £30k market - you just put me off the geartronics anyway :eek: and it is such a shame the manual gear knob and surrounding area look so ££££e !!!!!

I also heared that no one has achieved 300bhp out of factory yet and is actually more like 270 :(

Yes I need to take time to go and get the latest update on this :shifty: