PDA

View Full Version : V70R AWD - sorted!

MATTAL
Thursday 16th June 2005, 17:08
Quick update, thanks where due and general news.

Main stealer sorted all my woes - new rear bearing, a/c problem sorted, new door window rubber installed and new stiffer bushes have been put in to cure the "side-step" issue. All under warranty and now wifey is a v.happy bunny. :remybussi

Big thanks to Dave for the guidance on the bushes issue - sorry to report that my race meeting at Duns was a mudbath that resulted in me knacking the carbs on my bike and have just spent over £150 on 2 new teflon coated slide valves as the sluttery watery mud that got in them stuck 'em wide open and killed the bike! Still, British Championship support race on the 26th will see me back in action!

Just seen this weeks Auto Express - the new C70 is cute and hairdresser friendly but would rather have seen an S40R as the "Fix Or Repair Daily" outfit have confirmed that they WON'T (I repeat W O N ' T) be doing a new Focus RS! Anyone else agree?

Once again, thanx to Dave and hope to meet you sumday.

p fandango
Thursday 16th June 2005, 18:08
Just seen this weeks Auto Express - the new C70 is cute and hairdresser friendly but would rather have seen an S40R as the "Fix Or Repair Daily" outfit have confirmed that they WON'T (I repeat W O N ' T) be doing a new Focus RS! Anyone else agree?
i haven't seen any pics of the new C70 but understand they're doing a CC version (metal folding roof) so can't wait to see it. Doesn't sound as promising as the original C70 tho if its going to appeal to hairdressers

dave
Thursday 16th June 2005, 20:39
Quick update, thanks where due and general news.

Main stealer sorted all my woes - new rear bearing, a/c problem sorted, new door window rubber installed and new stiffer bushes have been put in to cure the "side-step" issue. All under warranty and now wifey is a v.happy bunny. :remybussi

Big thanks to Dave for the guidance on the bushes issue - sorry to report that my race meeting at Duns was a mudbath that resulted in me knacking the carbs on my bike and have just spent over £150 on 2 new teflon coated slide valves as the sluttery watery mud that got in them stuck 'em wide open and killed the bike! Still, British Championship support race on the 26th will see me back in action!

Once again, thanx to Dave and hope to meet you sumday.

no probs mate,

i cant believe a wheel bearing has gone already with the r, how miles have you done?, what noise was it making, so i can listen for any bearing issues?

has the new bushs fixed the sidestep?, most peeps in the usa, are saying it hasn't solved the problem.

would be good to meet in future

dave

After_Shock
Friday 17th June 2005, 22:43
Dave we had a 6month old XC90 in the other day with a wheel bearing gone, rarely see problems on the XC90 so the guy wasnt too happy!

Personally I really like the back end of the new C70 but dont like the front that much, basically the new S40 with a slightly different front bumper, needs to be a bit more agressive, but not seen one in the flesh yet.

Hopefully it wont be too much of a hairdressers car, i.e not an MX5 (not to generalise) but hopefully will be alot better on the twisty stuff than the outgoing C70 version.

Good news that the RS has been canned but for the time being, once or more to the point if Ford start making money again it will be back on track, just means that hopefully the new straight six that Volvo have developed will appear in a Volvo first otherwise it will turn into a Ford engine in everyones eyes!

dave
Friday 17th June 2005, 23:11
wierd that wheel bearing thing, odd!

yes , good news about the rs been canned, hopefully we will see the 6 pot turbo, 350bhp version in the s60r, in next 2/3 years, by then there will be a new style s60 no doubt.

dave

After_Shock
Friday 17th June 2005, 23:15
From what Volvo are saying internally theirs no plans for anymore R models, their was plans for an S40/V50 R but as the S60/V70 hasnt sold anywhere near what they were expecting their may well be no more R's which will be a shame!

But as you say with the 350bhp straight six what car do they have it would go in, other than the S80 and XC90 but the engines ideal for a performance model.

dave
Friday 17th June 2005, 23:47
is there talk of stoping production of the s60r/v70r?

dave

After_Shock
Saturday 18th June 2005, 18:35
Ive not heard anything definate but the plans for the S40/V50 R appear to have been canned and theirs probably not a huge chance of an R version in the new S60 when that appears, but I dont see the problem as the R's have never been huge sellers.

Think they may have just spent a bit too much developing the latest R with the AWD and 4C chassis etc that they were expecting it to do alot better, but the technology is their now so why not take advantage!

Hopefully they will continue to build them though.