PDA

View Full Version : ECU Location

rick84
Sunday 17th January 2010, 14:23
Hi All,

Does anyone know where the ECU is located on a RHD 940 turbo? I've got a 1994 car and can't locate the ECU.

Thanks,

Rick

Jamest5r
Sunday 17th January 2010, 15:54
pm smithy mate he know's the 940's inside out

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 17th January 2010, 16:44
ECU should be located behind the right hand kick panel on the drivers side (basically next to the accelerator pedal). You have to undo the panel and its there. Other than that, there is another location which is under the dash on the drivers side which is just above the pedals, think that one is the ignition ecu, and the one behind the kick panel is the EFI ecu .

smithy
Sunday 17th January 2010, 21:24
Hi All,

Does anyone know where the ECU is located on a RHD 940 turbo? I've got a 1994 car and can't locate the ECU.

Thanks,

Rick

are you going to play with this car mod wise and bomb is right in the locations of ecu units and the is 2

rick84
Monday 25th January 2010, 20:47
are you going to play with this car mod wise and bomb is right in the locations of ecu units and the is 2

Thanks all, managed to find it now. Yes, I'm going to mod it, going for about 220bhp if I can. Got ECU and EZK chips on the way from turbobricks guy called "thelostartof", MBC is on the way also. On the lookout for a performance exhaust and bigger injectors. Does anyone know what system is best to get? also are the standard cat and manifold restrictive? was thinking of ditiching the cat until the MOT and getting a 2.5" full system.

smithy
Monday 25th January 2010, 21:50
Thanks all, managed to find it now. Yes, I'm going to mod it, going for about 220bhp if I can. Got ECU and EZK chips on the way from turbobricks guy called "thelostartof", MBC is on the way also. On the lookout for a performance exhaust and bigger injectors. Does anyone know what system is best to get? also are the standard cat and manifold restrictive? was thinking of ditiching the cat until the MOT and getting a 2.5" full system.

if you are only wanting to run 220 bhp then your standard injectors will be fine.best thing to do is get a custom exhaust made 3in is best if you can and the manifold will not be restrictive as long as the car is after 1992. at the same time as getting the exhaust done get a 100 cell race cat alot better than no cat at all.you can run the 13c turbo max at 15 to 16 psi .i have investigated these cars alot and if you need more info get in touch pm me.i am a 940t owner my car a few different things on it