PDA

View Full Version : Clutch slave problems

sebasteeno
Saturday 16th January 2010, 09:08
Just bought a new V70 T5 yesterday but it has some issues that need sorting.

One of those is the clutch slave cylinder or at least thats what i think it is. The clutch pedal has sank alomost to the floor with the biting point being about an inch off the fllor. Gonna check the brake fluid when it stops raining but if it is the slave is it a hard job to replace and whereabouts on the engine is it located please.

Any help greatly appreciated please guys.

sebasteeno
Saturday 16th January 2010, 10:24
Just checked this and its not used any brake fluid. Gonna have to get the slave cylinder off and check for pressure.

smithy
Saturday 16th January 2010, 10:48
Just checked this and its not used any brake fluid. Gonna have to get the slave cylinder off and check for pressure.

bleed it first if the clutch comes back off the floor it is not the slave and if it holds the pressure then proberly got air in the system then it could be the master but you are saying not losing fluid so i would say clutch .slave is next to starter at the front of the engine n/s

sebasteeno
Saturday 16th January 2010, 11:40
bleed it first if the clutch comes back off the floor it is not the slave and if it holds the pressure then proberly got air in the system then it could be the master but you are saying not losing fluid so i would say clutch .slave is next to starter at the front of the engine n/s

So are you saying it could be the clutch itself?

sebasteeno
Saturday 16th January 2010, 12:50
Well Smithness has just been down and it seems my car has one of the slave cylinders inside the gearbox but he said he could hear air escaping from the master so he thinks its that.

Tomcat
Saturday 16th January 2010, 14:12
Ah bugger, so that means you're going to have to take the gearbox off then?....

sebasteeno
Saturday 16th January 2010, 14:44
Ah bugger, so that means you're going to have to take the gearbox off then?....
Possibly

Just got a clutch master from a breaker near us so gonna change that tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed that'll sort it!

LeeT5
Friday 19th March 2010, 01:39
Well?