PDA

View Full Version : Roof rail end caps

mhill53
Friday 15th January 2010, 12:59
Can you buy the end caps that fit over the end of the gutter inserts while using roof rails?They only have them on the rear of the car as a finishing trim?Also do volvo do a big brake option that i could fit on my R,like a later model upgrade?

dave854
Friday 15th January 2010, 13:36
Yes the end caps are available. I got mine from Volvo. There are two types though so check what ones you need. The later P1 V70s had a chunkier roof rail with a different end cap to the standard 850 ones. I do recall Volvo doing a big brae kit for the 850 / v70 but can't remember how much it was - i'm sure there is someone on here who will know. Hope this helps.

Rufe
Friday 15th January 2010, 14:44
The two end trims on the end of the roof gutter trim mouldings work out at £4.61 for the two of them for your car (after discount). I can supply these easily enough, plus £1.22 postage (royal mail recorded delivery).

Regarding the big brake kits, you currently have 280mm diameter disks and its easy to upgrade to 302mm, which is the common conversion. We can supply you a pair of the larger disks, and the caliper carriers which are required to fit the larger disks to the car. You use existing calipers, its only these carrier brackets that are changed. We also recommend using new brake pads with new disks, though they are the same pads as you currently have, they are the same regardless of the disk size. We have to have the old caliper carriers back as they are exchange units, but its a fairly simple process and I have sold many sets to people on here in the past. If you are interested further please send me a pm or email and I can get back to you with an order reference number and ordering details.

The price for 302mm disks, larger carriers and the pads (all genuine volvo items of course) comes out at £154.35 plus £10.00 delivery. Not the most expensive of brake upgrades which is why you can understand why its so popular.

Many thanks

Simon :)