PDA

View Full Version : 610Bhp / 835Nm Torque!!!

LeeT5
Thursday 14th January 2010, 22:49
For a very brief moment i owned Two 'R's...Alas, the Laser has now departed :( feel like my right leg has been ripped off. Anyway, i am extremely happy with my new 'R', even more so because the HU-803 headunit plays copied cdr's without any probs :) The Sub sounds the nuts!!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/Photo0116.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/Photo0118.jpg

smithy
Thursday 14th January 2010, 22:57
they are very nice cars and that is the only p2 i like

volvokid
Thursday 14th January 2010, 23:11
When you look at that first pic the new R looks a lot more sleak. I know the sound system in my dads S60R doesnt pack as much of a punch as my V70R, but the face lift R's had a S/W change or somthing in the head units and lots of people think the first S60R's had more bass.

phil_woods
Thursday 14th January 2010, 23:17
two fine looking vehicles. so what does the new one drive like?

volvokid
Thursday 14th January 2010, 23:23
two fine looking vehicles. so what does the new one drive like?

They drive totally different from our machines that things tend to drive you more than anything its a weird sensation but its cool, you can feel the computers working stuff out all the time.

cameron
Thursday 14th January 2010, 23:27
Both Awesome looking cars but i still prefer the look of the Laser Blue one :hidesbehi

More angular and more agressive looking although the new one is probably a lot better.

LeeT5
Thursday 14th January 2010, 23:28
They drive totally different from our machines that things tend to drive you more than anything its a weird sensation but its cool, you can feel the computers working stuff out all the time.

It feels bigger, the seats are more comfy, the stereo is god damn awesome, the auto dimming rear view mirror is blinding :), the active chassis is fantastic especially on snow and ice! (comfort setting) overall so far....Bloody drives fantastic!

volvokid
Thursday 14th January 2010, 23:44
It feels bigger, the seats are more comfy, the stereo is god damn awesome, the auto dimming rear view mirror is blinding :), the active chassis is fantastic especially on snow and ice! (comfort setting) overall so far....Bloody drives fantastic!

Yeah the seats are the best Volvo make there supportive and comfy plus they look good. I wish I could let you listen to the C70's stereo I've never heard a standard install better than this thing. Do you feel the chassis working away in the snow i've never driven one in cold conditions? My biggest grip with them is you hear clunking noises I think that's to do with the 4 wheel drive, I remember hearing it when I test drove a brand new one at the time and when I took out a V70R they all must do it.

LeeT5
Thursday 14th January 2010, 23:48
Yeah the seats are the best Volvo make there supportive and comfy plus they look good. I wish I could let you listen to the C70's stereo I've never heard a standard install better than this thing. Do you feel the chassis working away in the snow i've never driven one in cold conditions? My biggest grip with them is you hear clunking noises I think that's to do with the 4 wheel drive, I remember hearing it when I test drove a brand new one at the time and when I took out a V70R they all must do it.

I never heard any clunking noises and i was driving on 4 - 6" of snow and ice. I had it in 'comfort' mode because there's more give in the suspension and therefore more grip. Worked really well i have to say.

volvokid
Thursday 14th January 2010, 23:56
I never heard any clunking noises and i was driving on 4 - 6" of snow and ice. I had it in 'comfort' mode because there's more give in the suspension and therefore more grip. Worked really well i have to say.

Yeah there's a massive difference between the chassis settings advanced rattles your teeth out, I think its scary to use on main roads as the car bounces about its more a track setting. Once it dry's out throw the thing round a roundabout its mental the speed it will go round lol it feels like a go cart, I'm sure the S60's and the V70's would handle pretty similar.

aftershock
Friday 15th January 2010, 16:29
Well .. Lee had a lovely car .. now has another one!

I aquired a great car! Thanks Lee!!!

More photos to follow.... !!

Umm amusing/interesting/scary .. counting out £20 notes on a table in the service station .. lol Kept expecting to be pulled by plod as a drug dealer!

Having said that we didn't exactly look experianced at it!!

LeeT5
Friday 15th January 2010, 16:44
Been sorting her out already...bought some gunk for the engine today and gave her a steam clean. Looks much better now. Also popped to Ovlov to buy some new front headlamp wiper blades, the others were shagged. Got a new 'magnetec' tax disc holder from Halfords for that clean look without all the advertising around the outside. Looks much better from the front now.