PDA

View Full Version : Boost control solenoid fitting

ddmgti
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 20:38
Hello all, is there aa fitting guide or anyone got any advice on fitting the later BCS (Rectangular shape) to my 1995 T5 with the Circular shape BCS, Thanks

ddmgti
Thursday 14th January 2010, 07:31
No one done this mod?

Rnash2002
Thursday 14th January 2010, 09:45
There should be a guide picture for where the 3 pipes go to on the forum some where,or your new bcs should have little coloured marks.
Found it
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/mbcinstallation.jpg

ddmgti
Thursday 14th January 2010, 10:09
Thanks mate, i,m sure i,ve read somewhere fitting it is a bit different, nothing a couple of cable ties wont sort hopefully, reason i,m using later type is they seem to be more reliable

Rnash2002
Thursday 14th January 2010, 11:40
Thanks mate, i,m sure i,ve read somewhere fitting it is a bit different, nothing a couple of cable ties wont sort hopefully, reason i,m using later type is they seem to be more reliable

Im sure i read somewhere they hold the boost better aswell,ive got one on mine as my old one broke :(

ddmgti
Thursday 14th January 2010, 12:13
How is yours fixed as they are different shapes? Ta

Rnash2002
Thursday 14th January 2010, 16:30
How is yours fixed as they are different shapes? Ta

I dont have the air box in mine so just have attatched where the vac pipes goes under the dizzy cap.

ddmgti
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 09:17
This is type of BCS to be fitted, can someone confirm which pipes go where, need connection to Wastegate, connection to Turbo, obviously remaining one goes to Air intake pipe, my pipes have been replaced with clear Silicone so not colour coded, just need confirmation which goes where, thanks for any help

mk3phill
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 17:24
just fitted this to mine,. cant really knotice any effect from driving but then i cant see my boost gauge either to compare.

i knocked this up as a comparrison to the above image just to show how it fits.

hope this helps!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/Scouskie/Boostcontroller.jpg

cameron
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 19:38
Good effort Phill :B_thumb:

Looks very useful indeed.

mk3phill
Wednesday 20th January 2010, 22:07
thanks, i been trying to post it the last few days but every now an again i loose connection with the forum, strange as its only this site?!

anyhow. i recently swaped back my T5 ecu for the original 2.5t ecu and changed this across so cant commit as to the culprit but my boost levels seem to be more stable haha. so i think its possible the solenoid could have done that,. not to mention im gettin full boost around 2.5k instead of 4k.....

ddmgti
Thursday 21st January 2010, 07:03
Just what i needed, many Thanks ,