PDA

View Full Version : OBX turbo back exhaust for t5 would it fit 2.0 turbo

Plodmonkey
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 12:45
just asking if this exhaust would fit a 2.0 lpt c70 as a want a exhaust lol probs a dumb question am sorry but want 1 so bad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBX-Turbo-Back-Exhaust-94-04-Volvo-850-C70-S70-V70-T5_W0QQitemZ380195120211QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars Parts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5885652453

Rnash2002
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 13:20
Probably not the downpipe,at that price i would get one made up on the car from powerflow.

smithy
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 18:12
just asking if this exhaust would fit a 2.0 lpt c70 as a want a exhaust lol probs a dumb question am sorry but want 1 so bad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBX-Turbo-Back-Exhaust-94-04-Volvo-850-C70-S70-V70-T5_W0QQitemZ380195120211QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars Parts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5885652453

the is no reason why it would not fit just check the downpipe exit to turbo on what size it is but your turbo might have a 3in exit so the later 1 would fit

cookie
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 18:21
remember if you click on BIN you will be liable for the Import Tax.

Plodmonkey
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 18:59
am going to aas in newcastle tomorrow for a turbo back to be maid for 380 with fitting so works out cheaper

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 10:07
With or without the CAT?

Plodmonkey
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 10:46
without wel decat pipe

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 13:41
Wont pass the old MOT though with that, unless you replace it for each MOT that is, or am i wrong?

p fandango
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 13:45
Wont pass the old MOT though with that, unless you replace it for each MOT that is, or am i wrong?
i know several cars that have passed an MOT emmissions test without a cat, think there meant to have one if the car is after 1993 whether that is an MOT failure or VOSA issue i'm not sure

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 15:17
Yeh, sorry thats what i meant, after a certain age which the C70 will be i think - unless you use a spacer on the sensor, someone said that works when i came to the rolling road meet.

p fandango
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 15:41
Yeh, sorry thats what i meant, after a certain age which the C70 will be i think - unless you use a spacer on the sensor, someone said that works when i came to the rolling road meet.
yeh if its got a 2nd lamba sensor after the cat it'll need spacing out from the pipe if you go for a decat

danny-R
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 15:45
Wont pass the old MOT though with that, unless you replace it for each MOT that is, or am i wrong?,

mine's had the cat removed and still passed mot, i suppose aslong as it passes emissions it should be fine. but i could be wrong lol

p fandango
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 16:02
mine's had the cat removed and still passed mot, i suppose aslong as it passes emissions it should be fine. but i could be wrong lol
i've had a quick look thru the MOT book & they have got tighter emission rules for August 1992- cars, but i couldn't see anything that says to do a visual check to make sure its actually got a cat

danny-R
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 16:18
it helps when your good mates with the tester, dare say it would pass anyway lol.

sorry but a bit off topic, i got pulled over last week on the way home from a chinese buffet with the mrs by 2 kind traffic coppers in a marked ford galaxy.
(i think they were jealous of the volvo)asking me how fast i have had out of it. lmao
obviously i said 70mph :) he replyed with, "i hope not, in a 30" whopper!
anyway they claimed my exhaust was deffective beacause it was too loud??
they gave me a "fix it ticket" which meant it had to checked over by a qualified mot tester. he had a look in the book and couldn't find an actual noise limit??
he stamped the ticket and has been sent back, hope i don't bump into them again untill i get it quietened lol

p fandango
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 16:33
sorry but a bit off topic, i got pulled over last week on the way home from a chinese buffet with the mrs by 2 kind traffic coppers in a marked ford galaxy.
(i think they were jealous of the volvo)asking me how fast i have had out of it. lmao
obviously i said 70mph :) he replyed with, "i hope not, in a 30" whopper!
anyway they claimed my exhaust was deffective beacause it was too loud??
they gave me a "fix it ticket" which meant it had to checked over by a qualified mot tester. he had a look in the book and couldn't find an actual noise limit??
he stamped the ticket and has been sent back, hope i don't bump into them again untill i get it quietened lol
i got stopped & the officer who said i must of been speeding because he heard me 1/2 mile away, as soon as i pointed out i doubt noise levels would stand up in court for speeding he backed down

Plodmonkey
Wednesday 13th January 2010, 17:10
haha am always getting pulled anyway for the car a drive for my age so nout new just give them something extra to say to me

PNuT
Friday 15th January 2010, 04:54
my car was miles away from passing an mot without the cat