PDA

View Full Version : turbo technics hybrid

leet5r
Monday 11th January 2010, 20:22
has any 1 had any experence with the hybrid turbo that turbo technics do for the t5r , cheers peps

smithy
Monday 11th January 2010, 20:28
has any 1 had any experence with the hybrid turbo that turbo technics do for the t5r , cheers peps

whitch model turbo t28 or t35

Tomcat
Monday 11th January 2010, 20:48
I think that LS on the other forum has a hybrid off HLM on his car.

T5-TEZ
Monday 11th January 2010, 20:58
I have the Turbo Technics T28 hybrid on my car and its a cracking piece of kit.

leet5r
Monday 11th January 2010, 21:05
the t28 1 , just a bolt on job i think the t35 is a bit to much hassle for me at the moment cos you have to get inlets made up for it

leet5r
Monday 11th January 2010, 21:06
I have the Turbo Technics T28 hybrid on my car and its a cracking piece of kit.

whats it like m8, they say its a bolt on jobby. can you still run a 3inch down pipe on it aswell and what sort of power are you running with it m8

Jamest5r
Monday 11th January 2010, 21:07
Smithy is currently running a t35 hybrid from turbo technics and has run an t28 before, he is the person to talk to mate

leet5r
Monday 11th January 2010, 21:11
Smithy is currently running a t35 hybrid from turbo technics and has run an 28t before, he is the person to talk to mate

yeah av spoke to him about the t35 , but you need to get inlet pipes made up.i was just woundering what the t28 is like that the do compared to a k24

T5-TEZ
Monday 11th January 2010, 21:37
It is a bolt on but to run a 3" downpipe you would need to swap the exhaust housing side.

leet5r
Monday 11th January 2010, 21:57
It is a bolt on but to run a 3" downpipe you would need to swap the exhaust housing side.

is that easy enough to do , m8 what spec are you running and what power , i want loads lol a good 330whp max like , cheers

smithy
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 01:00
is that easy enough to do , m8 what spec are you running and what power , i want loads lol a good 330whp max like , cheers

you wont get that from a t28 or 19t at the wheels you would have to be running 380 bhp at the flywheel .you will need a bigger turbo with suporting mods and a lsd to keep it on the road .its not all about bhp it is how it drives too.its all about how the car is set up and the t28 will run at 1.4 bar alday and be reliable and very torquey .

leet5r
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 01:14
you wont get that from a t28 or 19t at the wheels you would have to be running 380 bhp at the flywheel .you will need a bigger turbo with suporting mods and a lsd to keep it on the road .its not all about bhp it is how it drives too.its all about how the car is set up and the t28 will run at 1.4 bar alday and be reliable and very torquey .

cheers pal they rate the turbo at 320bhp at 22psi so it should be nice and usable. its the rods that am worryed about lol , , a need a job to start funding it lol

smithy
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 01:18
cheers pal they rate the turbo at 320bhp at 22psi so it should be nice and usable. its the rods that am worryed about lol , , a need a job to start funding it lol

if the car is mapped properly and run the turbo at 1.4 bar max you will not need rods

leet5r
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 11:01
if the car is mapped properly and run the turbo at 1.4 bar max you will not need rods
thats good news like , whos the best person to custom map a car these days like

turbo-tuner
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 11:10
thats good news like , whos the best person to custom map a car these days like

Don't know, but a Turbo-Tuner ECU would make your custom tuning a doddle! Then you can take it to anyone you like to tune it for you and you can also tweak it yourself if you want.

Here is the web site: http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk

Here is a thread about it: http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24608

Adam.

leet5r
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 11:27
Don't know, but a Turbo-Tuner ECU would make your custom tuning a doddle! Then you can take it to anyone you like to tune it for you and you can also tweak it yourself if you want.

Here is the web site: http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk

Here is a thread about it: http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24608

Adam.

ad probs melt the engine m8y lol if i could do it myself, am okay with nuts and bolts but software is another story for now like lol

turbo-tuner
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 11:33
ad probs melt the engine m8y lol if i could do it myself, am okay with nuts and bolts but software is another story for now like lol

LOL :) You don't have to tune it yourself though! This product gives you the flexibility to take your car anywhere for custom tuning, such as a local tuner with a dyno.

leet5r
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 11:37
LOL :) You don't have to tune it yourself though! This product gives you the flexibility to take your car anywhere for custom tuning, such as a local tuner with a dyno.

al see what happens , a freind of mine is gettin 1 from you

turbo-tuner
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 11:39
al see what happens , a freind of mine is gettin 1 from you

ok!

Ahh, if he is local to you then I think I know who it is!! :)

leet5r
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 12:09
ok!

Ahh, if he is local to you then I think I know who it is!! :)

yeah hes a local lad