PDA

View Full Version : Induction Howl

kennyst
Monday 11th January 2010, 19:56
Hi guys/girls

First post on the site and looking for some help. I recently had the engine in my ST replaced under warrenty due to cracked liner in CYL3.

The car cam back from ford with intermittant howling from induction. Now its whenever the cars at full operating temperature i get the howl thorough the induction system.

The noise is there without induction kit fitted aswell. When i switch the engine off the noise lasts for about 3 seconds then stops dead???

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
Kenny

Dangerous Dave
Monday 11th January 2010, 20:30
Kinked vacuum hose maybe? I had one onmine that caused a howling/whistling noise that carried on after engine off. Either that or a boost leak. Could be some dopey mechanic hasn't put something back in the right place.

Maybe a Ford forum would be better? as only the block is volvo related.

t5kev
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 00:07
my v70 t5 does it when i turn it off noticed it when i had bonnet up with it running then turned it off and had a whistle like noise for a few seconds ?car runs great lol

orse
Tuesday 12th January 2010, 15:11
Hi i work in a ford garage in highworth near swindon.We,v had an st in before with a howling/whistling.if you take the oil filler cap off it stopped.Turned out to be a breather pipe down by/behind the oil filter element.We had to change the whole oil filter housing as it was warranty.HTH