PDA

View Full Version : D5 fuel leak

p fandango
Sunday 10th January 2010, 17:02
I've noticed for about a month now that the fuel economy has gone down, while messing with the netbook today i checked the fault codes & it came up with P00094 small fuel leak which will explain it

Has anyone any idea of the common pipes that go or where to look for the leak?

Many thanks Duane

thebadger
Sunday 10th January 2010, 18:02
There was a discussion in off topic that covered the possible issue Duane,

as quoted by T5 Stealth

DO NOT undo the fuel rail pipes from the pump to the injector.....
if you disturb these or undo them you are supposed to replace them......
they dont seal up properly apparently...they are about £200 to replace...
iv rebuilt a d5 that had a similar problem,the fuel rail pipe leaked onto electrical plugs on injector & it caused a fire under the bonnet..caused a huge amount of damage..cam belt burnt,water pump,loom....etc.
the loom was £660....ouch

i might add here..i didnt damage it lol...i repaired it.....lol

from http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26505

I'd doubt this particular issue, but it might be relevant.

I'm assuming that as the code is being thrown then it is a leak at the engine, not the filter.

HTH

p fandango
Sunday 10th January 2010, 18:34
i have messed with any of the pipes (can't remember when i last opened the bonnet lol) but its somewhere to start

thanks

thebadger
Sunday 10th January 2010, 19:37
No probs Duane, have you tried the sheets of newspaper under the car trick? See if any fuel is leaking out while it's sitting over night?

p fandango
Sunday 10th January 2010, 19:41
No probs Duane, have you tried the sheets of newspaper under the car trick? See if any fuel is leaking out while it's sitting over night?
tbh mate i didn't even know it was leaking till a few hours ago & checked the codes, & that was purely because i was messing with the computer showing my bro what it could do. It has been using more Devil juice but i assumed it was either the weather or me just thrashing it a bit more lol. I'll have to open the bonnet tomorrow & see what i can find lol

S60-MBS
Sunday 10th January 2010, 23:48
Check and possibly replace your fuel filter Duane,its likely to be blocked.Small fuel leak doesnt really mean its leaking,there could be a restriction in flow.