PDA

View Full Version : 850 AWD Tracs/Abs light's!

castellsmith123
Sunday 10th January 2010, 17:01
Hi there! I have just brought an 850 awd! There is no tracs or abs light's showing at anytime! I have checked the fuses and they are ok! Is there anyone out there who can help me! Thank you!

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 10th January 2010, 17:25
Welcome to the AWD clan! Get some pics up of it!

Have you checked the bulbs are working behind the dash behind the tracs and abs icons? They should light up when on ignition stage 2. You can check the bulbs by swapping a known working bulb into the abs and tracs lights.

The abs unit can suffer dry solder joints (this has happened on mine and my dad's 850 AWD), but this can be easily repaired if you're any good with a soldering iron.

Welcome to the forum anyway, and hope you enjoy your AWD as much as I do.

castellsmith123
Sunday 10th January 2010, 17:37
Thank you ! I will try the bulb's first! I never knew driving a volvo could be so much fun! A real mile muncher! Can I uprate the low blow engine without killing it?

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 10th January 2010, 18:19
Yeah, you can get a remap on the standard turbo to around 230bhp, I'm running just an mbc at 10psi. You can go bigger turbo, injectors, remap and exhaust for about 280bhp. Have to be careful with the 2.5 engines as they are higher compression (only 9:1, compared to the T5 engines 8.5:1) and the cylinder walls are a little thinner where the cylinders meet. Some say that this isn't a problem, some say there is issues with cracked liners because of the thinner wall. I don't know what to believe, I suppose its how far you push it.

I'm pushing the boost up to about 10psi max (standard max boost is 6psi on ours). A 16T turbo (off a V70 T5 engine) will bolt straight onto our engines without changing the downpipe (ours are 13G turbos).

Make sure you keep the tyre wear even, as the AWD system will be stressed if the tyre wear difference gets more than something like 3-4mm

HTH

Bomb

castellsmith123
Sunday 10th January 2010, 18:27
Cheer's Any info will be gratefully received! Correct me if I'm wrong ,but arn't the blocks the all the same as they where Audi engine's!!!??? Well saying that it's 16 years since I worked for Audi! Can I put a T5 engine in and not distory the awd?

p fandango
Sunday 10th January 2010, 18:30
Cheer's Any info will be gratefully received! Correct me if I'm wrong ,but arn't the blocks the all the same as they where Audi engine's!!!??? Well saying that it's 16 years since I worked for Audi! Can I put a T5 engine in and not distory the awd?
the 850 TDi engine is a VW/Audi unit, it is humoured that Porsche helped with the design of the T-5 engine

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 10th January 2010, 18:46
Can I put a T5 engine in and not distory the awd?

Yeah, a V70 T5 engine will drop straight in (our ecu are the Motronic 4.4 same as the V70, 850 T5 engines used the Motronic 4.3).

Only thing that I will say is be careful with the AWD system, it doesn't like too much power/torque thrown at it.