PDA

View Full Version : new grill(sort of!!)

DONKEYT5
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 19:22
I got bored today and decided to spray my s70 shiny silver grill black, so i trundled off to halfords and bought some masking tape and a small tin of black spray, total cost of about 6 quid, and went to work on it...........what do u reckon????????
don

splatt
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 19:29
I got bored today and decided to spray my s70 shiny silver grill black, so i trundled off to halfords and bought some masking tape and a small tin of black spray, total cost of about 6 quid, and went to work on it...........what do u reckon????????
don
Lots better...need to loose the Volvo badge as I think it spoils the effecy. I have an idea for mine which I will post up later...the dechrome suits it...nice job.

DONKEYT5
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 19:33
how do u get the badge off? i was scared of breaking the grill earlier,and i dont want the badge on it

splatt
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 20:06
should just be a couple o screws on the back..

Tomcat
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 20:22
Isn't the badge held on with those circular spring clips?, I know the one on my 850 was.

Flip it over and have a look at the back of the grill, where the posts come through the grill there are some small circular indents. At the bottom of these are the spring clips that hold the badge on, they will prise off with a small screw driver if your carefull.

DONKEYT5
Wednesday 15th June 2005, 22:07
i will have a look tomorrow after work, i did see them earlier but didnt want to force them, incase i caused some damage!
thanx

fraz13
Thursday 16th June 2005, 03:26
Looks good Don, personally ad leave the badge on, when its off it leaves a indent where it was and theres 4 holes where the wee studs go through (when its off you'll understand) and also it is round spring clips holding it on, a small flat driver gets them off no probs :wink:

S40xs
Thursday 16th June 2005, 13:05
Looking good Don!

DONKEYT5
Thursday 16th June 2005, 17:33
thanx!! not bad for 6 quid!! lol

splatt
Thursday 16th June 2005, 17:38
What do people have on their aftermarket grille??
Pics would be good??

DONKEYT5
Thursday 16th June 2005, 18:57
im after a 't5' badge on the lower right side of my grill and because mine is ex-plod and debadged it would be pretty discreet!

rs_andy
Thursday 16th June 2005, 20:09
Looks good Don, personally ad leave the badge on, when its off it leaves a indent where it was and theres 4 holes where the wee studs go through (when its off you'll understand) and also it is round spring clips holding it on, a small flat driver gets them off no probs :wink:

you can see the indent on this picture:

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/vbgarage.php?do=popup&image=http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=329

of mine after I broke the little plastic pegs on the back of the badge taking it off, I dont like the indent and whathaveyou but if you do and you can get the badge off without breaking the plastic pegs off I'd be happy to buy the badge from you for a small fee.

splatt
Thursday 16th June 2005, 20:39
You can have mine will need a bit of a refix but yours if you want it.
Someone will now post that I can get £10 on E bay for it.... :slap:

DONKEYT5
Thursday 16th June 2005, 22:07
i reckon u can get a tenner on................. sorry, couldnt resist!!!