linkin582
Thursday 7th January 2010, 21:24
a lot of hard work gone into it. thou a little bit too max power for me

Al115
Thursday 7th January 2010, 21:41
That looks sodding awful. Sorry.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th January 2010, 22:19
:stupid: - Horrendous, was my first reaction. Such an angular kit just doesnt suit the curvy lines. The interior is a clear abuse of trying to turn a GT tourer car into some track day monster - and ruining it in the process.

I have always felt that the strength of the C70 is on the road.

Unless you are good mates with a Chiropracter - fitting coil-overs is IMHO a really bad idea.

p fandango
Friday 8th January 2010, 05:13
Unless you are good mates with a Chiropracter - fitting coil-overs is IMHO a really bad idea.
correctly set-up coil overs are no different to any other suspension, alot of people make the mistake of thinking the harder the suspension is the better cornering grip you'll have

850 t5 vs 600cc
Friday 8th January 2010, 07:29
I like the rear head rests...................................nitro bottles. lol

claymore
Friday 8th January 2010, 07:49
I like the rear head rests...................................nitro bottles. lol

Look like fire extinguishers to me.

volvoturboman
Friday 8th January 2010, 09:21
I like it mate deffo looks the part, hate the steering wheel.

chrisRSVR
Friday 8th January 2010, 14:04
i like the colour, and perhaps the fire extinguishers thats about it!

Happygilmore78
Friday 8th January 2010, 14:49
If it lost the bodykit, the eyebrows, the spoiler and painted bonnet same colour (even if carbonfibre) then it would look nice..........hang on, i mean JUST PUT IT BACK TO HOW IT WAS BARRY BOY!!!!!! the exterior looks like a halfords drive by :)

phil_woods
Friday 8th January 2010, 14:53
not for me im afraid but no doubt it has had a lot of work put into it and a lot of money spent!

willi
Friday 8th January 2010, 15:22
Nice colour...But not my cup of tea either... :-(

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th January 2010, 16:02
correctly set-up coil overs are no different to any other suspension, alot of people make the mistake of thinking the harder the suspension is the better cornering grip you'll have
i drove a Lexus 400 V8 recently with Coilovers and it made me seasick - ride was horrid. The whole thing just wobbled everytime it went over the smallest bump.

Truely horrid!

You need subtleness and I just can't see why you would need coilovers on a road car.

p fandango
Friday 8th January 2010, 16:18
i drove a Lexus 400 V8 recently with Coilovers and it made me seasick - ride was horrid. The whole thing just wobbled everytime it went over the smallest bump.

Truely horrid!

You need subtleness and I just can't see why you would need coilovers on a road car.
the idea of coilovers is the amount of adjustability you can have over the suspension, as i said if they are set-up wrong the ride will be bad. I think most road cars go for coilovers because normal lowering springs don't go low enough for there needs

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 9th January 2010, 14:07
How bloody low you need it??! Also once you go beyond 40mm drop the alignment on the camber is completely ruined.

phil_woods
Saturday 9th January 2010, 14:24
I think that this car may belong to a member on here uk7cbtuner. I have been going through some old posts and notices it as his signature.

p fandango
Saturday 9th January 2010, 15:01
How bloody low you need it??! Also once you go beyond 40mm drop the alignment on the camber is completely ruined.
obviously more than just lowered springs allow, i'm running Volvo's lowered chassis & i've got to cut the springs to get the ride height right (& sure Tomcat has cut springs)

saying th camber is "completely ruined" is a bit of an over exageration, the camber may be excessive lower than 40mm but there are ways to correct it. I'm sure Mr Rydell's 850 was lower than 40mm lol

as i said the advantage of coilovers is the suspension is fully adjustable & can be set-up exactly how its needed. Softened for road use, raise & harden the rear for 1/4mile or lowered for the track. Just becuase the one's you've been in haven't been set how you would have them doesn't make it useless

Porcine_Aviator
Saturday 9th January 2010, 15:03
Like the colour

Tomcat
Saturday 9th January 2010, 16:14
obviously more than just lowered springs allow, i'm running Volvo's lowered chassis & i've got to cut the springs to get the ride height right (& sure Tomcat has cut springs)

saying th camber is "completely ruined" is a bit of an over exageration, the camber may be excessive lower than 40mm but there are ways to correct it. I'm sure Mr Rydell's 850 was lower than 40mm lol

as i said the advantage of coilovers is the suspension is fully adjustable & can be set-up exactly how its needed. Softened for road use, raise & harden the rear for 1/4mile or lowered for the track. Just becuase the one's you've been in haven't been set how you would have them doesn't make it useless

Yup, the rear springs on mine are cut down, I don't see anything wrong having a car lowered by more than 40mm, ok you may reach the point where it gets impractical but not all of us like our cars to look standard. I've never been in a car with coilovers but my next car will either have those or airbags as I want it oooober low.

p fandango
Saturday 9th January 2010, 16:23
Yup, the rear springs on mine are cut down, I don't see anything wrong having a car lowered by more than 40mm, ok you may reach the point where it gets impractical but not all of us like our cars to look standard. I've never been in a car with coilovers but my next car will either have those or airbags as I want it oooober low.
go hydraulic, my bro's old VW & was excellent to play with. The suspension is quite hard but you can run accumulators which add a bit of movement to the system

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3290/archive25.jpg

PNuT
Saturday 9th January 2010, 16:48
I've never been in a car with coilovers

out of interest, what do you have on the front of your t5r?

Tomcat
Saturday 9th January 2010, 16:50
At the moment it's just standard Eibach springs, oh and the IPD adjustable drop links.

PNuT
Saturday 9th January 2010, 16:53
At the moment it's just standard Eibach springs, oh and the IPD adjustable drop links.

is the coil not over the damper?

just not adjustable?...

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 9th January 2010, 20:57

Firstly, Mr Rydell's car was a race car - not for use on the road.
Second - I am sure given the funds that they were able to overcome any camber issues.

Given the amount of time spent on the track, I still think coilovers are a bad idea.

p fandango
Saturday 9th January 2010, 21:42
Given the amount of time spent on the track, I still think coilovers are a bad idea.
Have a think here Dave, what is the actual difference between coilovers & normal springs & shocks?

even fitting the wrong combination of lowering springs & mismatched shocks will give just as bad a ride on a set of badly set up coilovers. In defence to your friends Lexus just because you didn't like how it rode doesn't mean it was bad, it may have been set up perfectly to how he drives, thats the beauty of coil-overs you can adjust them & set them up exactly how is best to you, not as a compromise by the manufacture

anyway yet again i seem to have got into another argument which is going no where expect circles

JelT5
Saturday 9th January 2010, 21:45
anyway yet again i seem to have got into another argument which is going no where expect circles

that's just so typical of you :wink:

how are you mate?

p fandango
Saturday 9th January 2010, 21:47
that's just so typical of you :wink:

how are you mate?
lol cheers mate. I'm not to bad thanks, hows you & Frenchland? You have a good xmas & new year

PS i haven't killed the new Bosch grinder yet, but i have only used it once so not had chance becuase of the weather

JelT5
Saturday 9th January 2010, 21:54
lol cheers mate. I'm not to bad thanks, hows you & Frenchland? You have a good xmas & new year

PS i haven't killed the new Bosch grinder yet, but i have only used it once so not had chance becuase of the weather

My pleasure :)

Yes mate all ok here, fckn cold and pretty snowy at times. Xmas and NY good. Yours good?

I was gonna ask you about the new grinder but was scared to, in case it was dead already lol

Tomcat
Saturday 9th January 2010, 22:07
is the coil not over the damper?

just not adjustable?...

Ahhhh ok Mr Pedantic!, I haven't been in a car wth ADJUSTABLE coilovers

p fandango
Saturday 9th January 2010, 23:59
Yes mate all ok here, fckn cold and pretty snowy at times. Xmas and NY good. Yours good?
good glad to hear it, mine wasn't too bad just went to quick. Can't wait for this snow to go so i can get some jobs done

I was gonna ask you about the new grinder but was scared to, in case it was dead already lol
lol with the weather how it is & BT buried i haven't had chance to really use it, did try it in the garage but nearly set fire to everything lol. Go bits stockpiling up ready to fit & some other ideas i want to try ready for the strip :pimp2:

no snow racing this year mate? lol

PNuT
Sunday 10th January 2010, 04:28
Ahhhh ok Mr Pedantic!, I haven't been in a car wth ADJUSTABLE coilovers

why pedantic? im just stating the obvious surely? we have someone on here telling us how bad coilovers are yet the front end or all our cars are coil overs....

PNuT
Sunday 10th January 2010, 04:30
Have a think here Dave, what is the actual difference between coilovers & normal springs & shocks?

even fitting the wrong combination of lowering springs & mismatched shocks will give just as bad a ride on a set of badly set up coilovers. In defence to your friends Lexus just because you didn't like how it rode doesn't mean it was bad, it may have been set up perfectly to how he drives, thats the beauty of coil-overs you can adjust them & set them up exactly how is best to you, not as a compromise by the manufacture

having a spring & shock compressing in the same direction has to be a bad idea :D

p fandango
Sunday 10th January 2010, 08:41
having a spring & shock compressing in the same direction has to be a bad idea :D
your just getting way to technical now lol

Jaseb77
Sunday 10th January 2010, 10:31
I would say some good elements, some bad

front yes
interior no
skirts no
rear valance no

needs a bit more smoothing

Happygilmore78
Sunday 10th January 2010, 22:53

Truely horrid!

Im getting them as mine is not as low as i'd like, its 35mm at the mo, 40mm will be no noticeable on that - so fancy the arches sitting ojust over the tyres, plus i feel it may be good for constipation :)