PDA

View Full Version : help wanted, rear shock absorber info

p fandango
Monday 4th January 2010, 17:45
just wondered if anyone has got a rear shock lying around which they can help me with some measurements.

What i'm after is the size of the hole were the bolts goes thru to the rear axle, the width of that collar on the base? thanks Duane

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9114/volvoshockabsorbers8092.jpg

t5 stealth
Monday 4th January 2010, 18:22
on the 850 the bottom bolt is a tapperd cone sticking out the rear beam.....the shock only fits on it one way......its shaped like a cone...
hope that helps

p fandango
Monday 4th January 2010, 21:10
on the 850 the bottom bolt is a tapperd cone sticking out the rear beam.....the shock only fits on it one way......its shaped like a cone...
hope that helps
thats brilliant info thanks, its the measurement of the wider hole on the bottom of the rear shock i'm after then if anyones got one lying around

t5 stealth
Monday 4th January 2010, 21:32
yeah the bottom is tappered...theres a thread on the end of the cone.for a nut & washer.
the top is a spike

NorthlandDave
Tuesday 5th January 2010, 07:53
Hi,

The length of the collar the bolt goes through is 39mm. Internal diameter of bolt hole outer edges is 21.5mm, right in the middle where it is tapered in is roughly 14mm, can't get the calliper all the way in to be 100% though.

p fandango
Tuesday 5th January 2010, 09:39
The length of the collar the bolt goes through is 39mm. Internal diameter of bolt hole outer edges is 21.5mm, right in the middle where it is tapered in is roughly 14mm, can't get the calliper all the way in to be 100% though.
you are an absolute star sir thank you