PDA

View Full Version : I never knew they were that rare... ; - )

Flatout Phil
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 19:37
Someone is bidding on it - but I hope they don't think they really are that rare.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-VOLVO-850-R-Manual-Estate_W0QQitemZ200424217896QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAut omobiles_UK?hash=item2eaa36dd28
Would be great with a beige interior...and the Rica etc etc.

Just have to stick with mine eh?
:bounce:

linkin582
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 19:42
its a good try. but pushing it with saying only 6 or 7 left in the country.

Flatout Phil
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 19:51
its a good try. but pushing it with saying only 6 or 7 left in the country.

The most recent count said there were about 50 red manual 855 R left. Although I have to say they must all be in Yorkshire cos I never see any of them - well apart from PJSTAR.

p fandango
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 19:51
atleast he didn't say "limited edition" which is my pet hate, bit worrying its only got 132k & already had new engine, gearbox, suspension, brakes etc

chrisRSVR
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 20:40
it would be interesting to know how many there was on here?

ANDYRACER
Monday 4th January 2010, 00:53
Wonder if it still has an R box in it anymore?

BigV
Monday 4th January 2010, 14:48
atleast he didn't say "limited edition" which is my pet hate, bit worrying its only got 132k & already had new engine, gearbox, suspension, brakes etc

9 previous owners as well......

nothing is selling for much at the moment, I doubt it wont make his reserve (which I am guessing is the wrong side of 2.5k)

p fandango
Monday 4th January 2010, 15:50
Wonder if it still has an R box in it anymore?
never thought of that

volvoturboman
Monday 4th January 2010, 22:58
This is why it helps to know what your buying. A Volvo needing a new engine at 90k, somethings fishy.

Tim Williams
Monday 4th January 2010, 23:23
The most recent count said there were about 50 red manual 855 R left. Although I have to say they must all be in Yorkshire cos I never see any of them - well apart from PJSTAR.

Dammit lives in central London and has a Red 855R Man

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 5th January 2010, 11:24
Dammit lives in central London and has a Red 855R Man

Ah yes, the benefits of being 45 and in a dull profession! Apparently the Ebay one is in Streatham (only about 8 miles from me - but I just can't be bothered - it would only make the seller miserable anyway!).
The Ebay car apparently dropped a cambelt hence the new engine, he says it has the proper gearbox, but does not know why it was replaced. SOunds like maintainance was a bit iffy - but if it is all kosher could be a nice car. If I was him I would keep the car four months until the weather (and prices) are better.

walter leever
Tuesday 5th January 2010, 12:00
Don't know if the temperature rises(spring)the price will aswell.
Remember there are few waiting for an old(in their eyes,gassguzzling car)

My thoughts"prices will rise for these beasts,but not in the near future.So hold on to them and keep them in good working order.