PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaner

Mrsmastiffs
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 15:47
OK - as I have now got my orders to throroughly clean the inside of my V70 I was wondering if anyone can advise what is best for cleaning the carpet - it is supposed to be a beige colour but now we have 2 kids and have had several Mastiffs in the boot over the years combined with country living i'm afraid the carpet looks very grubby to say the least :( The upholstery and the leather's not bad and the dash etc in good condition - just don't know what will best clean the carpets :)

Vikingxl
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 19:38
There are various shampoos on the market but i cheated an got a good valeter to do my v70 and it looked great after

Mrsmastiffs
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 19:49
I have just cheated a bit myself and put my mats in the washing machine lol

Vikingxl
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 19:50
I like your thinking!

Flatout Phil
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 20:14
I know a good washing machine repair man...

linkin582
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 20:51
the best way i found is too steam clean them !!! you can get a cheep hand held one from agros

Mrsmastiffs
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 21:16
I'll bear that in mind Phil :)

rs_andy
Monday 4th January 2010, 20:46
Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner is good for cleaning carpets, upholstery and practically everything else in the car.

Can be bought from many online detailing suppliers

nick
Wednesday 6th January 2010, 21:23
i've just used some turtle wax foam upholstery cleaner (with the yellow brush built into the top of the can - from halfrauds). i had been carrying round an old tyre in the boot for a couple of weeks (don't ask !!) and it left a large black circle on the carpet - it came out immediately with the cleaner - no fuss at all

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 6th January 2010, 21:36
Used to have a 760 with Leather seats, and I gave them a clean with Turtle Wax Leather Restorer it worked a dream, the leather looked like new when I had finished. But you do have to spend time working it into the leather.

I picked up someone the day after I had done it and the first thing they said was "This smells just like a new car with the smell of leather".

It made the work well worth it.

I steam clean the carpets with a Polti Steam Cleaner and that really gets the dirt out.

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 6th January 2010, 21:37
Used to have a 760 with Leather seats, and I gave them a clean with Turtle Wax Leather Restorer it worked a dream, the leather looked like new when I had finished. But you do have to spend time working it into the leather.

I picked up someone the day after I had done it and the first thing they said was "This smells just like a new car with the smell of leather".

It made the work well worth it.

I steam clean the carpets with a Polti Steam Cleaner and that really gets the dirt out.

Not as in Polti Pat on QVC!

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 6th January 2010, 22:26
Not as in Polti Pat on QVC!
Nope as in Polti from a wholesaler, nuts to QVC as in Queasily Visiogenic Circumvolution

I'll let you look that up :)

Vikingxl
Thursday 7th January 2010, 19:50
So how do they look now????

jimka
Thursday 7th January 2010, 22:24
maybe a bit late, but you cannot beat this stuff...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_19 0214_categoryId_165651_langId_-1?cm_vc=IOV4PDPZ1

3 for 2 on cleaning products at halfords as well. :)

Mrsmastiffs
Friday 8th January 2010, 13:35
Slightly less dirty than they were before lol :)