PDA

View Full Version : Stereo question please.

t5d5 dan
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 13:32
I have a Volvo C70 T5 on the 99 reg.

I have one of the SC 901 stereo units in with the 3 disc chsnger in.

HOWEVER I have a multichanger wire in the back of the headunit but the car has no multichanger.

Does this mean the wire should be at the back of the car from the factory and I just need to get a changer to get it up and running?

If so, any ideas where the wire would be in the boot.

Many regards

cookie
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 16:49
Is it definately the multichanger lead, and not the External Amp lead, as 901 has seperate Amp

Vikingxl
Sunday 3rd January 2010, 18:45
Theres quite a few member in the midlands so might be worth meeting up with someone who has a changer and seeing if it will work in yours

reg c70 t5 gt
Monday 4th January 2010, 04:59
in my c70 i didnt have a cd changer either.but was pre wired like yours.the other end is in the boot by the passenger rear light behind some trim.you will see a mini din connector and a eletrical connector.a volvo cd changer will plug strait in and your up and running.

t5d5 dan
Monday 4th January 2010, 08:24
Thank you all very much for your replies. I will keep you posted on my findings.

Wombatbomb
Monday 4th January 2010, 08:30
Is it a small din plug with a flat side? If so, that's the changer cable. The amp cable is a much larger din lead. Most C70's have the cable, even if they don't have a changer. To check the other end, you need to look behind the carpet trim on the passenger side of the boot. The multichanger replaces the plastic storage bin built into that side of the boot.

t5d5 dan
Monday 4th January 2010, 10:47
Hopefully I can get this sorted. Just got to source a changer now...ha ha

thebadger
Monday 4th January 2010, 11:49
In all likleyhood you have the Dyneaudio setup with the external 4x100W amp on the passengers side (behind the plastic pocket) in the boot.

This is not a CD changer cable, it's the 4x audio, remote & neg.

You may also have a cable for a centre speaker on the dash.

Proof of this can be gained by pulling out the head unit, switching it on & removing the plug.

If you hear silence.... Dyne audio....