PDA

View Full Version : S60 Lower front arm Bush

Axeboy
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 13:16
Hi All

I think my lower arm bushes are starting to go on my s60r.

I would like to replace with powerflex if possible and seen these on the powerflex site:

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/S60+AWD+2002-238/1.html

The first one seems to be what Im after, but I just want to confirm they will fit the s60r... anyone know?

Any help appreciated :)

v70torslanda
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 19:05
The wishbones on your car do not appear to differ from a 'standard' S60. Powerflex # PFF88-601 is what you need.

What year is your car? Has it done a few miles?

The way to tell if the hydraulic bushes have failed is to check for a dirty waxy deposit around the mounting, this indicates the bush has burst and the oil leaked out.

May I suggest (he said, shamelessly touting for business) the best way to do this is to fit a pair of wishbones that have already been refurbished with PF bushes. This reduces labour costs and time spent with the car on the ramp/jack. It is also safer as it changes the job into simply fitting replacment wishbones. So if your car is on a jack on the drive it is there for the minimum time.

I you gander back thru' Phase 2 threads there's plenty on here have done it this way . . .

PM me for more details.

John

Axeboy
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 19:56
Thanks for the info, much appreciated :)

Al115
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 20:12
Good luck getting very much from Powerflex for the next few months!!!

Axeboy
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 20:14
did the factory burn down? i cant remember, but i think it did..

v70torslanda
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 20:40
I am in the happy position of having three sets of PowerFlex for Phase 2s at the mo'.

First up - best dressed.

J

thebadger
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 20:41
Yeah, big fire, but PFV are still selling their back stock of parts, not sure if they still stock them though.

OEM parts are easily obtainable, but the PU replacements are better wearing.

thebadger
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 20:44
I am in the happy position of having three sets of PowerFlex for Phase 2s at the mo'.

First up - best dressed.

J

Did you rob them & torch the place?

Just kidding J!

Do you have the rear bushes by Powerflex too?

v70torslanda
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 21:46
Did you rob them & torch the place?

Just kidding J!

Do you have the rear bushes by Powerflex too?

The idea was to build up a bit of stock and I got them in October, it wasn't me and you can't prove anything! So there!

I only use standard OE spec rears 'cos the cars I do wishbones for don't go round the 'Ring and I'm given to understand you can suffer NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) with them.

I don't honestly believe they are worth the money (at nearly a hundred quid)and PFS supply a kit which is not PF, they don't produce it.

J

thebadger
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 21:57
I had serious thoughts about the rear ones, but @ £90+ I wasn't exactly running out to buy a set.

Cheers for the heads up, I may give them a miss if it's likley to cause a lot of noise.

Do you reccomend a new set of OEM inners when doing the fronts? Or just keep the old ones?

v70torslanda
Saturday 2nd January 2010, 22:57
I had serious thoughts about the rear ones, but @ £90+ I wasn't exactly running out to buy a set.

Cheers for the heads up, I may give them a miss if it's likley to cause a lot of noise.

Do you reccomend a new set of OEM inners when doing the fronts? Or just keep the old ones?

Depends on the condition but I wouldn't supply a pair of refurbs without new rear bushes. just about every pair I've done have had torn rears some of which weren't obvious until the bush was stressed. So yes I change the rear bush as well - I don't want warranty claims . . .